Am I the only one thinking "hey, I can play Don't Starve together alone"

(Yes I know its just for multi and im waiting for it to play with my friend BUT) it would bring a good challenge for the advanced players among us with the rebalancing of the multiplayer creatures..

Technically it's together, but you're alone, but it's DST as in together, but you want to play alone...

*stops head exploding this time*

@SethR!

There's nothing wrong with being a hermit out in the wilderness and chasing people off your lawn with a spear for ignoring all your signs that say "private property" or "Genius at work, DO NOT DISTURB".

Plus there is an additional challenge when you're up against other players, so you can think of it as a slightly more difficult version of DS singleplayer since there are going to be less resources and things out to kill you if you are unable to make any allies.

There's nothing wrong with being a hermit out in the wilderness and chasing people off your lawn with a spear for ignoring all your signs that say "private property" or "Genius at work, DO NOT DISTURB".

Plus there is an additional challenge when you're up against other players, so you can think of it as a slightly more difficult version of DS singleplayer since there are going to be less resources and things out to kill you if you are unable to make any allies.

Only if I get a "Now get off my dang lawn you dang kids!" catchphrase. 

• Developer

Yep! I'm not sure which you meant, but you can absolutely make a private server and then not invite anyone and you can join a public server as a lone wolf. Don't Starve has always been a very self-directed experience and we'd like to keep it that way.

Archived