Revelations of the Madman

Percival

(I can't even follow my own rules. I apologize.)

"18...17...16...."

With every approximate minute, Silas counted down, though what happens when he reaches zero is unclear. Peculiar, but there more strange things that could be found in this desolated world. To a person unfamiliar with the surrounding or the results of insanity and desensitization, this spontaneous counting would seem out of place in a normal person, and, although his mind may be harmed in many psychological ways, the reason for his counting can be justified, if only just.

"15...."

This world works differently from what we blindly call normal. That much can be expected and would be known if you survived the creatures inhabiting said world, but what also exists is a higher power of sorts, watching over the world as it manipulated, or so Silas remembers. Indeed, the puppeteer that toys with the smaller beings can be interesting, but, with every act put on with a fantastic show, the show has to end eventually; and yet, the story, or at least this particular adventure(s?), cannot end, or Silas wouldn't be stuck here any longer. It's like restarting the props on the stage or resetting the plot of a story with a fresh new tale where a different choice is made in the same world.

"14...."

That was the almost nonsensical basis Silas built his theory about himself on. The realization of what he had regaled upon him and what he could do had come into motion around The Third Restart. This when he noticed very subtle, but directed messages and hints about his true nature. The choices and paths that he took  were relative and nearly the same. The creatures that he saw groups of people die to a multitude of times were identical. The world itself, and the time that he had took notice of were acting within a minute of itself. Thats when he realized what he was; he was the single, and most likely only, person that could remember things that never and always happened at a certain time. He was the person that always remembered everything about what could and can happen in a traveled path.

He was a person stuck in a loop. A person that conveniently remembers everything. Almost. That's the cost of remembering everything and nothing; you don't know which order the events come in chronologically, you sometimes forget a part a crucial part, and sometimes he forgets he has this ability in this restarts. As of right now, he knows that he's counting down to something, but is unsure of what.

"13...."

(Bit forced. Deprecate me please.)

(Knows the word sesquipedalian. Has to look up deprecate.

You should stop being so hard on yourself, Percival. It looks fine to me.)

A little to late Shana realized her hood had come down in her sleep, exposing her unnatural eyes. She quickly pulled her hood up seconds after the stranger looked at her. Her cheeks flushed a pale pink as she stood there silently, hoping he hadn't seen them. Hoping he didn't think her a monster. 

(At least you have some content. All my post are so tiny.) 

Adam took a step forward.

"Please, i know some people look weird in the morning, but it's not that bad."

he took a quick look around. He was about to open his mouth to say something, but before he could, he heard a voice in his head.

"It's morning. better hurry."

"Look, shut up, i'm WORKING ON IT!!!" Adam yelled into the air.

Shana took a startled step back when the stranger yelled. A quick glance around revealed there was nothing for him to talk to besides her, and he was certainly not replying to anything she had said. Was the man insane? Of course, in this strange land, it was possible he was simply noticing something she could not. She remained silent.

"Oh" Adam said. "Well then miss. I'll go see if there's anything cute and small to hunt."

He took out the butterfly knife and wandred off into a nearby forest, looking for something, well, cute and small.

"Look mate, you can't just keep on nagging like that. I'll find you a bunny, ok?"

"Again, the girl would be perfe-"

"I am not killing another human beeing. Look, how long before you give her back? I don't like doing this a bit."

"In due time, my friend. in due time..."

Dorian, pleased with his haul of rocky supplies, began heading back. He whistled a small tune as he walked, and enjoyed the sun's warm rays. If life here continued as easily as this, he'd have no trouble surviving long enough to find a way out... At least, he hoped there was one.

That thought put a damper on his mood. Suppose he was trapped there forever? Sure, life was easy at the moment, but perhaps it would grow harder. He was getting rather lonely, too. He yearned to see another soul, to speak with someone that wasn't himself once more.

Assuming that Adam wanted to go off alone, Shana headed east to a nearby grassland to gather grass and sticks. Once she had a good amount, she sat under a nearby tree and began to weave together some traps while quietly humming a gentle tune.

The long, patient process of weaving gave her time to think. Think about Adam. She wasn't sure how she felt about him being here. Sure he seemed like a nice guy, but she was kind of used to being alone. All her life she had been ignored; not mocked or teased, just ignored. Here it was a different kind of loneliness. At home she could always talk to some one if she wished to do so, but here she was truly alone... At least, until Adam found her. Sad as it was, Shana was accustomed to being alone. She wasn't sure she could get used to company anymore.

(I tried being artsy. Meeeeeeeeeeeh)

As adam walked down the road he suddeny heard a sound. The sound of rocks beeing smashed with something...

This made Adam interested. He was pretty sure Shana thought she was alone, with the surprize she got when she saw him. If that was another person, he had a great intension to meet this new person. Then the smashing ended and he heard a faint wistle. He dashed towrds it, apprached the end of the forest and...

Bam.

Adam had jumped out of the trees and out on the road. he had tripped on a root just as he had jumped and tripped mid-air. and he had landed on a person, head-first into this other person's stomach, knocking him over as well.

(Dorian's been done mining, but okay.)

Dorian fell over as a weight dropped on top of him. He made an audible "Oof" sound, and he grabbed his pick, which was his nearest weapon. He squirmed out from under the stranger's weight, and prepared to drive his pick deep into its back. That was, until, he saw it was human. "H-Hello?" He said, uncertainly. He was fairly certain it was human, due to it looking like the other human souls he'd seen, but he was too busy wondering whether he would be a threat or not. "Wh-Who're you?"

(Sorry I'm latte. I'm on vacation so I won't be on much for a few days. Btw, what do souls look like to Dorian, Blew? I have an idea for a thing...)

After Shana was done, she had six traps. The weave was as straight and tight as she could make it, for she paid a lot of attention to detail. She knew of a large group of rabbit holes nearby. So she headed in that direction. However, she felt uneasy. It was hard to explain, but she felt as if the shadows were to quite. Almost as if they were waiting for something.

"Well hello good sir! I heard your proccess of mining and was eager to rush and get aquainted!"

He stood up.

"I am Adam Steamworth, you may call me adam. I am sorry for the accidental attack, i tripped mid-jump. If you feel like joining a group of other survivors, Me and a lady maned Shana are interested in welcoming you to the gamng. Or at least, I am. Dunno about Shana. What say you?"

He held out his hand.