Dealing with drones

Whenever I play a mission in Sankaku, I always have trouble dealing with drones since they cannot be tasered. I don't like to hack them because it would only get back to position the next turn. I prefer killing them, but since their corpse cannot be moved to be hidden they always attract attention. Do you have any strategies? I know the shock trap is the solution but it is rare to fund one...

Drones can be tasered, just not with the basic weaponry. You need to buy upgraded versions. I didn't test if augment mixed with basic tasers helps, it might. I assume that by taser you mean standard melee KOing weapon.

Does it? I never tried tasering them after I failed some missions trying to tase them. How come the Obake drones, which do not have armor, would still have resistance to basic neural disruptor? Strange... Thanx for the info though!

You should try EMP-Packs against drones (and safes with daemons). EMP-packs knock out everything oyu can hack. If you have problems to sneak up t them try Deckard with his cloak. Be careful with Nanofabs and Terminals. They will be disabled so you can't use them!!!

Portable servers are immune to emp (they loose their light but they don't stop generating PWR for you)

Sometimes it helps to hack stationary drones and move them away or make them look at a corner. As long as you don't attract their attention they will stay there.

From what I know, you have to manually run up to them in your turn and then 'taser' them - they're not like humans that you can wait around a corner and set melee reaction (this botched my mission once). Usually you'd drag the guard and zap them, but I guess you can't do that with robots since they're heavy chunks of metal. So be careful, have an extra agent out of sight to back you up in case you get spotted - I don't know if you can taser them while they are on overwatch and facing you.

It's not really the best solution. Firstly, you need something to shoot at. Secondly, won't they ping for help seeing you, alerting more guards to your position? I find it more useful to hack them and move them away. Unless I need something shot.

assuming power's not an issue, it's one of the few enemies you can literally take over and move where you want. Also, they can open and close doors. Moving an enemy where you want so they don't see you on their turn really helps out. We are in agreement. 

And if you move them right they won't go and see you/go on overwatch. How alerting is done depends on the droid type. 

Using them only for attacking is missing their potential. 

And I never said hack them and attack. I just noted IF you use them to attack, they are a one shot weapon. 

In a level with drones I usually just cause a slaughter. If there's a null drone I hope to get another one and kill the null drone with it. If a drone spots an agent, no problem, hammer (or dagger if available) that thing and you're in the clear.

The only time when they're dangerous is when there's a null drone in a swarm of drones and one spots you...

I kill them with shalems gun. I have two arguments for him. Piercing and the one that doesn't raise the alarm tracker. I just take them out one after another. You need a lot of ammunition. But I feel this is the saves way to get rid of them. Moving them after they are hacked doesn't help me much. Because I usually move slowly. The sundbugs makes it impossible to run!

The new taser also can knock out drones. More feedback is needed if it's worth the power or not per use for this.

They use up a lot of power. 3, 5 and 7 per use scaled with type. Seems balanced though for what they are worth.

I'm still a little confused though, which items actually deal shock damage to the drones? Is there a viable generic item that can be used on all types of drones to disable them (without using a gun).

They use up a lot of power. 3, 5 and 7 per use scaled with type. Seems balanced though for what they are worth.

I'm still a little confused though, which items actually deal shock damage to the drones? Is there a viable generic item that can be used on all types of drones to disable them (without using a gun).

I was going to ask that first question myself for a detailed rundown. Consider there two people wanting to know Klei.  

Archived