The Greatest Threat

vanquishbhp

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Zach. My name is Shana."

Shana sighed.

"I will be perfectly with you about this because the more you know the more likely you are to survive. I do not know where we are, but it is unlike any place I have ever seen or heard of. This place has many dangers... and I do not know if there is any way home."

(Yeah, really. Sorry. The last human he trusted without evidence tried to kill him. He's learned, even if he's wrong.)

Theodesius nodded and went back to the hunt, plucking his own berries and carrots this time. When he stumbled upon an odd creature that resembled a hare, he let a brilliant bright light out of his hands, and quickly slaughtered it with a sharp bit of flint.

In hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea to dump this kind of information on someone so suddenly. Shana only wanted to prepare Zach for surviving here so he wouldn't have to stumble around blindly for the first few days like she did. Oh well, no turning back now. Problem was, she didn't even know where to start.

"Well, um..." Then she heard Luna scream. "Oh no!"

She started to run off but turned back to Zach.

"You don't have to follow if you don't want too, but someone needs help."

She ran in the derection of the scream.

The nearby plants had already been giving him directions to the girl who screamed. He followed after Shana, entering the clearing with her. It was then he was informed what the danger was. "How do we kill it?" Meanwhile, whispers of a human who could speak to plants had reached Spriggum's area (assuming he hadn't left).

Theodesius did not run towards the scream. He'd recognized the voice, and was convinced the girl was trying to lure him in.

Spriggum heard the screaming, but considering it wasn't the voice of one of the humans he was protecting, he ignored it.  He was, however, interested in the human that could speak with plants.  He lumbered onward to investigate.

Dingane felt that his victim was in danger. The little idiot needed to stay alive longer than this.

He prepared some white fire and ignited the remaining tentacles, being very careful not to burn the target.

Edited by vanquishbhp

(I hope you don't mind, Geni, but I'm going to try and describe your wolf form. If I get something horribly wrong, you can correct me and I'll edit it.)

When Shana reached the clearing, her jaw dropped. The tentacles had died by a white fire that came out of nowhere, but that wasn't what surprised her. A huge wolf about twice her size stood panting in the flaming remains of the tentacles, its luminescent, silver fur splattered with blood. It turned toward Shana with dark, feral eyes and let out a chilling howl causing her to step back. The source of the scream was nowhere to be found. She could only assume the worst.

"I-I do not know. I have never seen this one before." (answering Zach)

She prepared to summon some shadow hands to restrain it. She didn't want to let Zach know about her powers, but it looked like she might not have a choice.

Edited by MenaAthena

Spriggum comes into view of the situation, and it net with a rather strange sight.  A large dog was standing amidst the ruins of a dead monster, howling at the human girl and the one he had been told of earlier.  He heading for the wolf, his clawlike branches ready to slice though it like putty.

Theodesius, hearing the sound of Spriggum's footsteps, debated checking out the area. He worked for the food he had collected. He did not want to leave it unattended, but didn't want to just carry it into a potentially dangerous situation. He finally decided to continue foraging, hoping that it wouldn't be quite a big deal.

Shana breathed a sigh of relief. She had not been too late. The source  of the scream was still alive, but she wouldn't be if those wounds weren't taken care of. Taking out a small handkerchief, she came over to the girl and started cleaning the wounds as gently as possible.