The Greatest Threat

vanquishbhp

(He survived, but is very badly injured)

'You truly are an idiot.'

Dingane slowly opened his eyes. He couldn't move his legs- what had they done?

He was in some kind of... limbo? He had strong suspicions that he was in Pandemonium, better known as Purgatory.

'Why.... does... your... summoning.... hurt.... so.. much?'

Pan'Taelus just laughed.

'MY summoning? My dear brother, that was Maxy's.'

Dingane winced. He tried to sit up, but he couldn't. Maxwell must have been more brutal than usual- his shadow hands normally didn't break backs.

'Maxwell....' he groaned.

The demon chuckled. 'Yes, my enemies deserve pain beyond limits. It is revenge,' he snarled, 'as you were so kind as to trap me here for eternity.'

'Silence!' barked Pan'Taelus. 'Here's the deal, brother: I keep you here for three weeks no matter what, and you'll be fully healed. After this, choose; serve Az'Modani and be restored to your former glory, or I will kill you slowly and painfully.'

Maxwell smiled, and Dingane grimaced. 'Where.... is... Fluffy?'

'Right here.'

Fluffy stepped forwards, covered in heavy chains. The chains were spiked, causing the poor terrorbeak endless pain. He whimpered.

Dingane snarled. After he had been healed, his brother would pay for this.

Edited by vanquishbhp

Shana gave Theo a confused look.

"... I was referring to you by your last name. It is customary educate for one to refer to a higher up by their last name. For example, one of my old teacher's names was Todd Douglas. So whenever I addressed him I called him Mr. Douglas."

She wondered why she was having to explain basic educate to one such as Theodesius, but she quickly dismissed it.

"And I would not have been able to survive this long if I did not have a means of defending myself."

Dingane had only been locked up in Pandemonium for an hour, but already he was scheming- when he was to break free in three weeks, the tree, the ridiculous lightbringer and the adolescent would be too strong for him, he would be obliterated for sure. He needed to be able to attack them from his otherworldly prison, and to do that-

'Yes! Of course!'

'Of course what?' asked Pan'Taelus innocently (for a demon, that is).

'Nothing, just eradicating some mortals.' Dingane chuckled.

He got to work, first finding a victim and slipping into their head, then scanning their brain for any information. All he got, however, was the name:

'Luna.'

After she had walked a distance, Shana came across a lone beefalo. It would net them a lot of food if she could kill it. She pondered the possibilities for a moment and then looked behind her to make sure she was out of Theo's range of vistion, which she was.

"Sorry, big guy."

Two small shadow hands rose up out of the ground in front of the beefalo. They weren't big enough to restrain the creature, but they didn't need to be. In a few swift movements, the shadow hands grabbed the beefalo's horns and twisted, snapping it's neck and killing it before it hit the ground. Shana had already excepted that she would have to kill for her food, but that didn't mean she had to like it, or make the animal suffer. She gathered the meat and fool and moved on.

(As good a time as any to bring Zach in.)

Zach awoke with a jolt. He had been sat against a tree, from what he could tell. Its voice, however, was one that he was not familiar with. Neither were the few other trees around him. He picked up a conversation with the nearest one, trying to find out where the mysterious voice had taken him. At first, the tree he spoke to was surprised that the human could communicate. Finally, however, he directed Zach towards another one of his kind, one that seemed to be snapping the necks of large beasts with a mysterious ability...