I Have a Question

Sporb

Given that I enjoyed the original Bioshock and its spiritual predecessor System Shock 2, am I likely to enjoy Bioshock 2 and/or Bioshock Infinite? This is relevant now because the games are on sale on Steam.

Bioshock 2 is just as good except in one point: the story isn't as great as in the first one. It's still good, just not so amazingly good.

About Infinite.. I still don't know how to feel about it. I completed it and part of me wants to call it a Call of Duty, only on floaty buildings. But atleast it has a unique story. Gameplay though is lacking. Just my personal opinion.

Well, that's helpful, even if it's just confirming what I had already gathered. I think I'll at least pick up Bioshock 2 during the sale as Infinite is more expensive. Nobody's saying they suck after all. Except perhaps for Palpetinus about Infinite.

About Infinite.. I still don't know how to feel about it. I completed it and part of me wants to call it a Call of Duty, only on floaty buildings. But atleast it has a unique story. Gameplay though is lacking. Just my personal opinion.

But floaty buildings are so coooool. :(

But, seriously, I'll probably try it anyway. Based the original and what I've heard, I don't really expect the shooty elements to be the best parts really. Or are you saying the gameplay lacks in more respects than that?

Well, that's helpful, even if it's just confirming what I had already gathered. I think I'll at least pick up Bioshock 2 during the sale as Infinite is more expensive. Nobody's saying they suck after all. Except perhaps for Palpetinus about Infinite.

But floaty buildings are so coooool. :(

But, seriously, I'll probably try it anyway. Based the original and what I've heard, I don't really expect the shooty elements to be the best parts really. Or are you saying the gameplay lacks in more respects than that?

I'm not really thinking that it sucks, it's just that in 1 and 2 you get this feeling that's almost comparable to some sort of dungeon crawler. Everything is claustrophobic and you're happy to constantly upgrade yourself and weapons, which is even better in 2 than in 1. I also remember that I always used different plasmids for different situations, they're all viable in an own way. And that feeling, in 2, when I spot a Power To The People machine to upgrade a weapon. I just loved the character progression in 2.

In Infinite I found exactly that to be extremely lacking. You either have no money for any good upgrades on weapons and plasmids, or once you have the upgrades they don't really impact gameplay at all. If you upgrade a weapon it may be a bit stronger, but hey, joke's one you, the enemies grew stronger already aswell and you basically have the same weapon you had an hour earlier.

Oh and all those fun tonic upgrades like having a frozen wrench, more headshot damage, more damage while undetected, longer detection times on camaras and all that fun stuff that makes you customize your character? Forget it, there is no individuality like that in Infinite.

I'm not saying Infinite is a horrible game and shouldn't be played, all I'm saying is that compared to 1 and 2 it was a huge disappointment to me.

Archived