Need an artist for my Don't Starve mod

XirmiX

So I've been digging in some modding and learning as I go by, thanks to Minik435, but there is just one problem.

We need an artist for textures! I now know how to convert the textures to different formats from .tex and the other way round, but I am not good at drawing, since I haven't used my art skills in ages, I can't draw in Don't starve style and main point; I can't draw on a computer, especially since I haven't got that device that you can draw like in real life but it puts what you draw into computer, you know what I'm wannabout.

So are there any Artists wishing to help us out? To prove you are good, here's some of the textures of items that I'll need for the mod (you don't need to do them all right now):

Pines

Green leaves

Autumn leaves

Cherries

Apple

Potato

Iron bucket

Stone bucket

(Puffy vest with sleeves)

Marble helm

Marble sword

These are just the few. There'll be a lot more.

Please help out, because this is an amazing mod that me and Minik435 are working on. 

Your first mistake was not posting this on Kleislist, your second mistake was leaving us in the dark, all you did was give a list of things you needed, you didn't give any other information about the mod, any artists looking to invest time and effort into a project need to know everything about it before they should be expected to do anything.

Oh, thanks geni.

Blazingice:

Firstly this is the first time I hear about Kleilist. What is it?

Secondly I have already given a lot of information about my mod in some other topics (in fact so many I lost count) and either way, this was to see if there are any people who can actually make some good textures for items and other stuff for the mod. If needed I'll give as much information as I can asap. Right now I'm on my mobile and It's almost midnight so I'll see you guys tomorrow and give you as much information as possible about my mod. Briefly saying it'll add a lot of content and a lot of cool new features and even realism to the game. Right now I'm glad to get any help at all.

Alright, thanks.

Since I'm not that sleepy I thought I might as well tell you guys as much as I can about how the mod will look like, what will be in there and what the mod will change for the game. Firstly it will make the game harder, thought more exiting as well. Here is a topic I made, where I explained and showed an example of how the mod will change the world generation more or less: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/39243-could-this-world-generation-work/

The mod will change a lot of features already in the game and will add a lot of new content. This will include new craftables, stats, items, foods, mechanics, mobs and even some controls. I'm also thinking to make this mod possible to work with a few other mods out there that could work awesomely together, but that's in far future. One of the mods I'd really like this one to work together with is the Up and Away mod as its features would fit together with this mod's features a lot like a jigsaw puzzle.

Going deeper into mod's details, the mod will add more Worlds to adventure mode, A third level for caves and mainly an Underwater world. The worlds for Adventure mode will feature worlds like Smell of Smoke (SOS lol) which would put you in a world with an eternal Summer. Third layer of caves would bring you to a place close to mantle of the planet you're on, and yes, this means lava, lava rivers and lava sea. The underwater is something I have thought about a lot recently. There are not too many things I have thought to add to this, but I sure have something in mind. Like you have hound attacks on surface and depth worm attacks in caves and ruins, I thought shark attacks would fit the best as replacement, thought it might not be my final thought. There will also be a second layer for the underwater world, which would be like the ruins for underground and just like that, there will be a boss monster, which right now I can't tell yoy about thought. Shelled molluscs would be something like slurpers, but they would lure you with their pearls and then get on your head to take your full stomach at the last moment. Sea weeds and corals will be added too.

About the features for surface:

Surface will have a high impact from the mod. As I mentioned it'll completely change the world generation and turn it a lot like real life would be, but much closer to nature. It'll also feature new setpieces and new kind of traps. There will also be a new kind of trap plant (haven't thought of a good name yet) that would make it seem like there's a plant with some kind of fruit, when actually it's a deadly plant waiting for you to go to the middle of its mouth to auck your life out (haven't thought through the mechanics of this yet. Suggestions are welcome).

About general mechanics, craftables, stats etc:

Many behaviours of different mobs will be changed in the game. Frogs won't agroo you unless provoked, and the same with Pig guards/warriors. Giants won't agroo their own kind and they will be immune to their own kinds' attacks (e.g. Bearger with his splash attacks could not harm another Bearger. While this situation might not even occur during a non-console used game, it is best for this to make sence either way).

The new stats will feature thirst, energy, oxygen, excretion stats (will have two), filth and healthiness. Thirst speaks for itself. Due to this new stat there will be new mechanics and new items and such to help you not thirst. This means that there'll most likely be needed animations for drinking, but right now I'm focused on different features. The trees will drop leaves or pines and all will also drop twigs. With leaves you'll be able to make different kinds of teas. Fruits and vegetables will be possible to turn into juices. There will also be two new kinds of trees; apple tree and cherry tree. They will drop cherries and apples, which you can have as a food item or use a seed extractor for getting their seeds and planting them to grow into new apple or cherry trees. Water will be in as well of course. The way the paths and roads are generated into the worlds right now, there will also be a similar pathway that would be a river. From them you could get water. You could drink straight away, or make an iron bucket and take water with you. There will also be mountains which would be like giant obstacles, but also sometimes starting points of rivers, that would flow into the sea as well and probably infinite different kind of rock, gem and different kind of metal sources, so you could mine mountains infinitely and gain as much loot as possible (sounds a bit OP, but it won't as you'll have other things to worry about too). Excretion will have two stats. And yup, this means your character will need to poop and wee. The more you drink, the less thirsty you are, but over time this will increase one of the excretion stats. Same goes for hunger. In order to 'relieve' and honestly not dying from holding it in your character will be able to excrete near trees and berry bushes (nope, tree guards won't mind you having a dump near their friends). Filth stat however is about the outside of your character. After a long day you'd need to wash yourself to stop stinkin' and losing your healthiness from that. By stabding in river, you would be able to wash, basically your filthiness would go down as you stand there. Healthiness would be something like infenctions and stuff. Since many monsters would be filthy, they could cause your healthiness to go down. Being too filthy would also bring it down, eventually bringing down your actual health. Details of other stat aura mechanics I'll explain later. Energy is vital here. Every time you move (walk) it goes down, like hunger does all the time. You won't lose it while you're standing but you won't regain it either. There'll be a few ways you could regain energy, such as sitting on a stump or a chair and the best one, sleeping. This will make your character sleep a lot more often, say every two days or so.

And yes, the mod will add structures like roofs, probably boats, chairs, bathrooms etc. And even if it might seem a bit off it all would mainly be made out of grass, wood and/or stones which would make sence considering you're stuck in a dangerous world for a very long time.

One of the things minorily already in place is Harder Recipes. Have been building science machine out of one gold, four logs and four stones all this time? Well no can do. Many of the recipes will have changed and most of them will be harder. I've already tested this a bit and it works very well, all thought harder. This is why this mod would probably be for experience DS players only.

New items that you'll need to craft a lot of stuff will be iron, copper, sand, glass, plastic and some others. Iron especially will be needed for many already in game craftables and many others that'll be added.

A new stage for light will be added, which will be Chimneys. There'll be a normal one and an endothermic one. You will be able to do all the other things you could do on the campfires and firepits, thought they could be placed more accurately and make you feel more like at home.

Pig villages will be improved, merm villages will exist and bunny villages will be improved as well. They will all be able to die from thirst and hunger and during different seasons, they will have different hats on and this will also change the loot a bit. Everything will drop much more loot, as if with the loot you could put back together what you killed/chopped down or something. This will be a giant nerf for the difficulty of the game but aince you'll have your stats and craftables with hard recipes to worry about, it should all even out. The amount of your stacks will not change, but some items/structures might. You will however have new body slots, which means that a lot of current summer, winter and spring gear will be nerfed and more items for other parts of your character's body will be needed to get maximum protection. For example, to get maximum rain protection you would need to wear rain coat, eyebrella, rain pants, wellies, rain gloves and may be even an umbrella. You will however have different body slots for torso and backpack. Inbetween golden tools and tools made out of flint, you'll be able to make tools out of iron as well. With iron you will be able to refine it into screws and copper into nails (e.g. 1 iron = 6 screws, 1 copper = 8 nails).

I am thinking to may be add a new character as well, but I'm not too sure about that.

Overworld will have new creatures and especially for specific seasons. Some already ingame mobs will become seasonal, like Buzzards for summer. Yellow hounds that will come during spring and have chance of dropping yellow gems (the yellow hojnds will be associated with lightning, so if you kill one, lightning strikes where it died).

This is as much as I could explain in one go. I hope more people will be happy to help out and that the mod will turn out great for you all to play with.

Well, I've already added an apple and potato to Camp Cuisine: Re-Lunched... (among other things)

You're welcome to use them, if you'd like.

Oh, tahnks for informing me and thanks for letting me use them. There's probably a lot of stuff that I might name that is already in some other mods, so I'll see if I can contact other people about this. But if something's named like in another mod that's allright either way, rigjt? Like if you have different texture for copper and iron but there's copper and iron already in another mod but with completely different textures would I need to ask permission?

Oh, tahnks for informing me and thanks for letting me use them. There's probably a lot of stuff that I might name that is already in some other mods, so I'll see if I can contact other people about this. But if something's named like in another mod that's allright either way, rigjt? Like if you have different texture for copper and iron but there's copper and iron already in another mod but with completely different textures would I need to ask permission?

You don't need to. As I know, copper is in TAP (Tiny Alchemy Powers) but we can use this because:

1. Different using,

2. Another texture,

3. Another way to gain it.

4. It is actually named "copper nugget".

So only the name is similiar. But who would care about name?

Here you go

I wasn't expecting that you'd draw them with pencils and stuff. To put into DS straight away like that won't work, but I like the design ideas. May be I'll try and draw those on computer by looking from your designs. Btw, don't you have a scanner?

Archived