over heating...

... is complete and utterly beefaloo manure, standing under a tree helps, but you have to do so every 30 seconds.

Go get an icebox + thermal stone, or an umbrella, or an ice block hat, or any other heat protection gear.

If you can't get any of those before summer arrives, you shouldn't be playing RoG Just saying.

They even have a warning that its meant to be played by veteran DS players.

overheating in summer is just as if not easier to manage than freezing in summer and I have no idea why people are even still making threads to complain about it

ROG is designed for veteran players who grew tired of the vanilla game and I'll tell this to every single person - especially the new players I got into the game (I tell them to get ROG but turn it off until they're comfortable enough with the vanilla game to have a stable routine, then activate it)

even if you're not so much of a veteran and have survived more than 2 winters you can easily figure out how to survive summer and overheating as it's basically the same mechanic but flipped around

make ice hats, build an endothermic fire pit, or get any of the heat resistant clothing

there's really no excuse for people to keep complaining as two of the cooling items you can make are made from flower petals and very easily gathered resources

if you can't build the basics of surviving summer in ROG in the same amount of time you would have until winter in vanilla, then you're simply not ready for it and should go back to the basics

I find floral shirts offer superior protection against heat and outlast thermal stone by minutes, plus nearly full sanity all summer long without any other sanity boost items. Chilled amulet is great underground, it also outlasts thermal stone by days.

There must be a few dozens more strategies to survive the harsh summer, you just have to learn one.

It amazes me people don't complain about having no warm clothing and thermal stones heated and freeze if they leave the fire, yet here is this bemoaning again by more players who expect high heat doesn't work the same havoc as high cold!

if you keep extra fuel for winter, keep extra ice for summer. Same principle: .Get a floral shirt, chill your thermal stone since the start of Spring (and I find that season with its wetness a LOT more annoying when my game starts in Spring and I get a freakin' parasol that lasts for two freakin' days for the cost of a 5-day crafted item,) and make a Siesta lean to if all else fails to sleep it off like you use a tent in winter. but if you have ice, then at least you can do basic exploration like rabbit earmuffs work in winter. And unlike jackalopes trapped in savannahs, ice doesn't starve or rot if you keep it chilled before you use it. 

I'm also guessing the people who remember to stockpile for winter foods don't mine ice at its most plentiful at the wintertime to put in the icebox slot (I almost always have two anyway since one holds my produce and one holds my meat and crafted crockpot creations so there's room for an ice slot.) Bluntly, if you pre-plan a season (or even two, see ice) ahead, you'll be ready and not having to hope you get those ultra-rare drops for high-value cooldown foods or rare high temp managing items/structures.

Finally, when it's really bad, you're SUPPOSED to turtle at your base whether it's winter or summer. Why leave your fire/endothermic fire  unless it's a short distance UNLESS you have said high-end exploratory items to travel with to beat the temperature? Just make sure you have plenty of stored food and (if summer) keep the Fling-o-matic going if needed (except at night unless exploring.)  Gather a bunch of blue gems and make chester a full-moon icebox for either season if you truly "need to explore." 

So if you can't hack it, play vanilla until you're ready. But if you think you are, use common sense. 

Only then will Maxwell stop laughing at these responses :razz:

darn ppl i know how to survive.

-----

You give the impression that you don't, because you mention having to stand under trees every 30 seconds.  Most experienced players have better strategies than that.

Also, you could say that starving is beefalo manure, getting killed is beefalo manure, freezing in Winter is beefalo manure, constant rain in Spring is beefalo manure, going insane is beefalo manure, giants coming and trashing your base is beefalo manure.

That's what the game is - learning, developing strategies and surviving. :-)

darn ppl i know how to survive.

-----

You give the impression that you don't, because you mention having to stand under trees every 30 seconds.  Most experienced players have better strategies than that.

Also, you could say that starving is beefalo manure, getting killed is beefalo manure, freezing in Winter is beefalo manure, constant rain in Spring is beefalo manure, going insane is beefalo manure, giants coming and trashing your base is beefalo manure.

That's what the game is - learning, developing strategies and surviving. :-)

I sooo want a modder to make a character that can eat Beefalo manure now :D

I got a cracked version for the nov 18 2012 and only played for 2 days as it didn't feel right. 2 years later I has full vanilla game and only played it that same day before RoG. The fairest I got on my first run was 3 falls before going into the ruins and forgetting my mining cap at home. And I quote from a little kid "Charlie bit my finger" so if you suck at summer try getting vanila day 80 and come back

Archived