Wes can't talk...

What do you think?   

119 members have voted

1. 1. How can he communicate with others?

• He has many emotions, such as : I'm hungry, I'm friendly etc. he's a mime after all...
    • He can write somehow.
    • He can talk
    • He can't talk at all.
    • None of these above.

If DST is a co-op game, Wes will only get kicked out of the server as he consumes more food, hits less hard, and can't communicate.

Yeah this is my main concern, people not allowing certain characters on servers. And a privacy issue too, like if they tell the wes player joining to tell them their skype or something which they don't want to give out to strangers.

Only private invite servers would be the only ones having people playing Wes in them, and that would really separate the playerbase at least in game, if not out of it.

The character may not be able to talk, but the players need to.

You could have a little translator , like a talking balloon, ( Hey if there are talking axes there can be talking balloons X3) and just move the text over to the balloon and you could even have him do a little mime dance before it is "translated"

You could have a little translator , like a talking balloon, ( Hey if there are talking axes there can be talking balloons X3) and just move the text over to the balloon and you could even have him do a little mime dance before it is "translated"

This makes me curious:

Can other characters in the current build hear Lucy? Of course they wouldn't be able to hear her in the final build... unless she really is a magical talking axe.

Yeah, that's my thought. All the characters are basically being translated from their vocals to the words that show above their heads. I mean Wolfgang is Russain-French, I think Wigfrid is Nordic (from what I heard) and we can only speculate the other character's (except for Woodie, Wendy, and Maxwell, all are given nationalities).NOT THE COMIC SANS!!!

Yeah, that's my thought. All the characters are basically being translated from their vocals to the words that show above their heads. I mean Wolfgang is Russain-French, I think Wigfrid is Nordic (from what I heard) and we can only speculate the other character's (except for Woodie, Wendy, and Maxwell, all are given nationalities).NOT THE COMIC SANS!!!

Actually, isn't Wigfrid technically an actress "playing" as a Nordic Viking or whatever? They give her less max sanity, so she clearly has mental problems like Willow who has less max sanity. She's stuck in her character. It makes me wonder what she would act like and sound like when someone finally tells her, "The Final Act is over, take a bow."

That just gave me a stupidly dumb idea, what if when someone wanted to talk as Wes he'd pull out a small Maxwell doll and used it to talk, like a ventriloquist? So Wes I'd have to stay in place in order to talk using the doll(he's supposed to be hard anyways) and would show how Wes displeased Maxwell(maybe)... Just a stupid randon thought.

Maxwell sock puppet?

can't stop laughing at the idea...

Actually, isn't Wigfrig technically an actress "playing" as a Nordic Viking or whatever? They give her less max sanity, so she clearly has mental problems like Willow who has less max sanity. She's stuck in her character. It makes me wonder what she would act like and sound like when someone finally tells her, "The Final Act is over, take a bow."

I'm in the camp with (no mater how much fun she is to play) Wigfrid took the role obsession to Nucking Futs. 

Maxwell sock puppet?

can't stop laughing at the idea...

I'm surprised Klei hasn't made Don't Starve Sock puppets yet...

Neither has the community shown any.

Klei:

Make this, now. Right now. 

Stop debating on it!

9e9.gif

Only private invite servers would be the only ones having people playing Wes in them, and that would really separate the playerbase at least in game, if not out of it.

I can see it now. Wes only co-op servers, with very good, experienced players that never talk to each other.

ever.

I think when wes speaks he should make a gesture and have only a few of the words appear above his head followed by a question mark as if he was badly acting out the words, for example "help me, I'm starving" would become something like "help.. I'm...?".

Could always have the other persons character translate it?

For example. a Wes follows a Willow and types something up. Insted of it coming up, Willow says "Oh Wes said "Blah blah blah"". After translating his mime'ing.

That just gave me a stupidly dumb idea, what if when someone wanted to talk as Wes he'd pull out a small Maxwell doll and used it to talk, like a ventriloquist? So Wes I'd have to stay in place in order to talk using the doll(he's supposed to be hard anyways) and would show how Wes displeased Maxwell(maybe)... Just a stupid randon thought.

Or maybe it could be like one of those child-safe chats where you pick words and sentances from a drop-down list and when you click one he whips out sock pupets. ex. a hound puppet for 'the hounds are coming', simpl waves for hi, shakes and nods head, a wilson puppet picking grass, a butterfly hand shadow puppet (keep fingers together, put thumbs together and make a fluttering motion) etc.

Archived