Theories on Wolfgang's Back Story?

He was part of a traveling circus as a strongman and got involved with William Carter(Maxwell before he entered the DS world) when the train from the circus crashed with a passenger train. This is actually canon :) :

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/24433-william-carters-story-so-farpuzzle-findings-and-lore-compilation/

If you want to read more about the DS background story, mostly involving Maxwell but also Wolfgang, Charlie and Wendy/Abigail.

I think that he and Wes wre friends, and Wes were friend of Willian Carter, and, when Willian Carter disappeared wes went after him, but Wolfgang just noticed this after some time( like one or two days), Wes found some way into the game's world, just after Maxwell, (and that's why you have to unlock Wes by finding him), so, in a quest to find his fragille friend, Wolfgang start his venture in the unknown. It's all about friendship and a fight for the weak. He's like a paladin.  If Willian Carter IS Maxwell, then it makes even more sense.

I think that he and Wes wre friends, and Wes were friend of Willian Carter, and, when Willian Carter disappeared wes went after him, but Wolfgang just noticed this after some time( like one or two days), Wes found some way into the game's world, just after Maxwell, (and that's why you have to unlock Wes by finding him), so, in a quest to find his fragille friend, Wolfgang start his venture in the unknown. It's all about friendship and a fight for the weak. He's like a paladin.  If Willian Carter IS Maxwell, then it makes even more sense.

Maxwell does say "He Displeased me" when he examines Wes trapped in a box. Maxwell could just not like mimes :p

Archived