Shovel Knight Discusion Thread

Watcha

I was at my cousin's house for the past days, and he let me play this awesome game on his pc yay for me not owning the game. After finishing the game I got in a deep coma of feels just wanted to talk about it with more people. Anyway since I've never made a discusion thread so I'll just lay out some questions here and my answers at the end.

1) Did you get the feels after completing the game?

2) Favorite Song(s)

3) Favorite Boss(es)

4) Least favorite Boss(es)

Feel free to add some questions of your own... Any spoiler about the plot or such please put in spoiler, to avoid the fun for people planning to play or playinh

My Answers: 1- YES ;-;  2- Plains of Passage 3- Plague Knight, because the battle had you deflecting most of the potions a thing that I didnt use that much until this battle 4- Regal Knight and phase two of the final boss.

I saw it on YouTube recently, and I might get it when I next have money/next sale. It looks like my kind of game. I only saw the Plague Knight boss, and the preceding levels, although I still have to watch TotalBiscuit's WTF is..., so maybe I'll see some more of the game there.

The NES was a bit before my time, so that aspect of the game doesn't appeal to me all that much but all-in-all the game looks really fun.

I saw it on YouTube recently, and I might get it when I next have money/next sale. It looks like my kind of game. I only saw the Plague Knight boss, and the preceding levels, although I still have to watch TotalBiscuit's WTF is..., so maybe I'll see some more of the game there.

The NES was a bit before my time, so that aspect of the game doesn't appeal to me all that much but all-in-all the game looks really fun.

The NES wasn't before my time, but I've grown to expect a bit more. From what I can see, it doesn't impress me. I'm all for platformers, but I don't see anything special :S

The NES wasn't before my time, but I've grown to expect a bit more. From what I can see, it doesn't impress me. I'm all for platformers, but I don't see anything special :S

It looked fun, and there are some interesting ideas (like checkpoint smashing), and I know if I buy it, I'll get decent enough playtime out of it, but tbh, I know I'll just spend it all on TF2 keys. It's becoming an addiction. :c

I'm not saying the game's anything special (hence why I'd buy it in the sale), but it doesn't seem to be terribly lacking for me, overall. Can't say I've seen more than a 20 minute video on it though. And while watching it, I was eating pizza and nursing an injured arm from the climbing session I just got back from, so it wouldn't surprise me if my view was a bit off. Like I said, I need to watch another vid (probably TB) before passing fair judgement.

It looked fun, and there are some interesting ideas (like checkpoint smashing), and I know if I buy it, I'll get decent enough playtime out of it, but tbh, I know I'll just spend it all on TF2 keys. It's becoming an addiction. :c

I'm not saying the game's anything special (hence why I'd buy it in the sale), but it doesn't seem to be terribly lacking for me, overall. Can't say I've seen more than a 20 minute video on it though. And while watching it, I was eating pizza and nursing an injured arm from the climbing session I just got back from, so it wouldn't surprise me if my view was a bit off. Like I said, I need to watch another vid (probably TB) before passing fair judgement.

Yea, it seems quality, just not interesting enough for me.

Played it, beat it, now playing NG+

1.Nope, didn't care for shield knight, sue me. 

2. The Tutorial stage music

3.All of the black/ dark knight bosses

4.That one flying knight one i don't remember his name.

IMO it's a good game, but nothing special. Maybe that will change when they add the new boss campaigns or something.

You don't seem to be interested in anything, quite frankly.

don't know what you mean. I have too many games I want to play right now. For instance, I really hope Bulb Boy meets its goal, but it'd be a huge feat.

DST

Ascendant

Transistor

Abyss Odssey

Gods will be watching, Steam release

Shovel Knights is on my wishlist actually, but I won't get it until it's 75% off, and even then I'll probably forget about it. The only unique thing it seems to have is a shovel, otherwise just a regular ol' platformer.

Played it, beat it, now playing NG+

1.Nope, didn't care for shield knight, sue me. 

2. The Tutorial stage music

3.All of the black/ dark knight bosses

4.That one flying knight one i don't remember his name.

IMO it's a good game, but nothing special. Maybe that will change when they add the new boss campaigns or something.

That's exactly what I expected it to be. :-)

Well i have beaten it once so far (only beat Specter and King knight on my other playthrough)

1. I found the ending to be quite good and it puts Black Knight into a whole new light (he's basicly Protoman)

2. Treasure Knights stage music has to be my Fav

3. Specter Knight, Polar Knight and Tinker Knight all are realy cool to fight

4. Probably Mole Knight as i found his stage to be realy aggrovating (stupid head things and the bloody knockback) and his fight also wasnt to spectacular

Also can't wait till they Implement the stretch goals all that cool stuff like Genderswap mode (although thats probably the thing i care the least for) Battlemode and Specialy the 3 playable Knightbosses for the storymode

Archived