My Views On Revival

I personally enjoy the "Dead and your dead" feature in Don't Starve as I believe that it actually adds some risk into the game, even though revival is proven to be a feature, I would enjoy the ability to disable it. Some people may argue "But if my friend dies we'll have to restart all over again and it's not my fault that they died."  Thats the beauty of Don't Starve Together, work together, survive together, if they die it is partially your fault.

The difficulty: If this option is not toggleable then I would atleast like an increase in the difficulty involved around reviving, here is a short story to explain.

Aaron, Bob and Carl are traveling through a swamp.

Bob dies by a tentacle.

Aaron chops down six trees.

Carl stands close to a evil flower.

Aaron makes traps and gets morsels.

Carl makes traps and gets beard hair.

Aaron tames some pigs.

Carl picks flowers.

Aaron kills a Tallbird getting meat.

Aaron and Carl go to their easily created Prestihatitator.

Bob is now alive, with no players in worse shape then when he died.

I believe it will be toggleable, and they have put out the idea of a ghost mechanic, so that people who are dead can still play and be revived.

I actually have no idea what you're trying to get at with your story or your idea of reviving being more difficult.

I believe it will be toggleable, and they have put out the idea of a ghost mechanic, so that people who are dead can still play and be revived.

I actually have no idea what you're trying to get at with your story or your idea of reviving being more difficult.

The story was to explain how easy it is to get revived, but I am relieved that the ghost mechanic will be toggleable.

The point isn't how easy or not it is to revive someone. The point is doing nothing until then. Sure your little story is accurate but I'd say that take a few days (in game) not counting the days having to find all those things and then do it. Personally being a ghost will at least give me something to do. Such as spectate and mess around rather than nothing. Heck if you want we can go further, lets say your playing with reign of giants. You'll have wasted a few days reviving a friend rather than preparing for the next season. That's my thought on it at least.

Archived