The Official Wurder Character Mod

The Art Development has begun.

The_Art_has_Started.png

Also what Musical Instrument should I voice Wurder with? I was leaning towards a Musical Saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmft674XPC0

This video is a bit loud! So be careful!

Here's a more clear sound byte! 

https://www.freesound.org/people/DJ%20Burnham/sounds/80692/

It's annoying to listen to straight - but you'll get the gist.

I was also thinking of using a Banjo, or another instrument from the Bayou. Have you ever entered the caves? What's the instrument they use during the loading screen? That could work.

The Art Development has begun.

The_Art_has_Started.png

Also what Musical Instrument should I voice Wurder with? I was leaning towards a Musical Saw.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kmft674XPC0

This video is a bit loud! So be careful!

Here's a more clear sound byte! 

https://www.freesound.org/people/DJ%20Burnham/sounds/80692/

It's annoying to listen to straight - but you'll get the gist.

I was also thinking of using a Banjo, or another instrument from the Bayou. Have you ever entered the caves? What's the instrument they use during the loading screen? That could work.

Dunno, the song of this instrument is too "smooth" I think, try this one:

Since the scythe wil be made he could have a higher health,not so high though, just enough to engage a fight without the fear of death, there could be special scythes too, like one that leeches health, one that boost sanity when you atack, one that is stronger, and also special stuffing, like one that adds armor but makes him slower, one that increases maximum health but make his hunger or sanity smaller, and one that makes him move and attack faster, but lowers maximum health, also, he could gaind sanity when he kills a crow, and he would say: this one I scared for good!

Dunno, the song of this instrument is too "smooth" I think, try this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TslZKQX9luc

ART UPDATE!

Art_Update.png

I may use bird calls for his voice actually - I will experiment with that instrument though to see what fits better!

Personally I see that instrument suiting someone like a european commerce master of some sort - who is a little bit chubby but still very jolly! Who wouldn't want to be around him! It is a very rich instrument and I admire the artist playing it - I just dont... FEEL the right emotions when it comes to Wurders character - which is being a stickboned strawheaded dope that's afraid of everything.

Do you think this instrument evokes a tone of fearful?

Supporting his dialogue some of which is:

• I'm SORRY! (Battle)
  • WHY!? (Battle)
  • OH NO! (Battle)
  • 6 Legs!? (Examining a Spider)
  • I hope it doesn't move! (Examining a Tree)

I dont feel like it would.

ART UPDATE!

Art_Update.png

I may use bird calls for his voice actually - I will experiment with that instrument though to see what fits better!

Personally I see that instrument suiting someone like a european commerce master of some sort - who is a little bit chubby but still very jolly! Who wouldn't want to be around him! It is a very rich instrument and I admire the artist playing it - I just dont... FEEL the right emotions when it comes to Wurders character - which is being a stickboned strawheaded dope that's afraid of everything.

Do you think this instrument evokes a tone of fearful?

• I'm SORRY! (Battle)
  • WHY!? (Battle)
  • OH NO! (Battle)

I think it does. That instrument can reach very "ugly" notes.

I think it does. That instrument can reach very "ugly" notes.

EXPERIMENTATION HOOO!!!!

:juggling:

Oh dear god... you reminded me of one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard of.

Please. I beg you. Take a listen. You won't regret it!

• I'm SORRY! (Battle)
  • WHY!? (Battle)
  • OH NO! (Battle)

Here is some badly done dialogue for him when he encounters "The Grue....." Or Charlie.

"W-Who's There!?" (Charlies Growls)

"AHH! SOMETHING IS ATTACKING, HELP! (Charlie Attacks)

Yea......These are really crap.

EXPERIMENTATION HOOO!!!!

:juggling:

Oh dear god... you reminded me of one of the most beautiful pieces of music I've ever heard of.

Please. I beg you. Take a listen. You won't regret it!

Wurder should treat nature (Tree, grass, sticks, flowers... plants and wooden things) as his family :p

(Examining the grass turf after using it): Sorry cousin!

Here is some badly done dialogue for him when he encounters "The Grue....." Or Charlie.

"W-Who's There!?" (Charlies Growls)

"AHH! SOMETHING IS ATTACKING, HELP! (Charlie Attacks)

Yea......These are really crap.

Don't say your input is bad, friend! All input is welcome here whether it's used for the character or not and honestly that dialogue doesnt sound to bad! You're an awesome person! Personally I would have him say something very close to those!

• "N-Nyctophobia!" (Entering Darkness)
  • "N-n-not that thing!" (Charlie Growls)
  • "H-HIDE BOTTLES! Save yourself!" (Charlie Attacks)

Wurder should treat nature (Tree, grass, sticks, flowers... plants and wooden things) as his family :razz:

(Examining the grass turf after using it): Sorry cousin!

Not a bad idea! I think depending on the object he would feel kin-ship, a family though would be to much like WX-78. Though other objects such as Spiked Trees or Barbs he would be more wary of. I can see him feeling especially bad about Evil Flowers.

Here's a couple lines:

• You've met with a terrible fate haven't you? (Evil Flowers)
  • These guys are heavy sleepers. (Examining Evergreen)
  • That's an odd haircut! (Examining Birchnut Tree)
  • W-who's short now!? (Examining Tree Stump)
  • Is being thin fashionable? (Examining Twig Bush)
  • Always so sweet! (Examining Berry Bush)

Since the scythe wil be made he could have a higher health,not so high though, just enough to engage a fight without the fear of death, there could be special scythes too, like one that leeches health, one that boost sanity when you atack, one that is stronger, and also special stuffing, like one that adds armor but makes him slower, one that increases maximum health but make his hunger or sanity smaller, and one that makes him move and attack faster, but lowers maximum health, also, he could gaind sanity when he kills a crow, and he would say: this one I scared for good!

this time no one liked my idea... :(

It's not that I don't like it! I DIDNT SEE IT! IM SORRY! I'm reading it now! I take everyones input very seriously!

I very much like the idea of him having slightly higher than average health - would 175 be proper for what you were saying?

The Scythe itself is not meant as a replacement for later weapons, and it's largely meant as a farming tool - though upgrading the scythe say perhaps with Gems/Other Items could be an interesting mechanic to make it more unique. Though you would have to pick one and stick with it! No crafting multiples!

Do you have any ideas for what the recipes may be for some of your suggestions? I kind of want him to get them from Giant Drops to make the Scythe REALLY Unique! (Deerclops Eyeball, Thick Fur, Down Feathers and Scales) Any ideas on what combining the scythe with those would do?

Oh, another idea: you could make a nightmare form for him( like in the William mod from Mr. Tiddles), like, when his sanity is low, he become slow and powerful, also his face could be like the face from The Scarecrow(Batman)( well, it just has to be frightening, the face was an exemple)

Oh, another idea: you could make a nightmare form for him( like in the William mod from Mr. Tiddles), like, when his sanity is low, he become slow and powerful, also his face could be like the face from The Scarecrow(Batman)( well, it just has to be frightening, the face was an exemple)

I actually had plans on making a Giant unique to the caves who would show up on occasion that is a Giant Scarecrow - much like Wurder himself however far more terrifying. Wurder is to innocent to have a killer instinct like that deep down! (You never know if I'll make a second scarecrow character though!)

It's not that I don't like it! I DIDNT SEE IT! IM SORRY! I'm reading it now! I take everyones input very seriously!

I very much like the idea of him having slightly higher than average health - would 175 be proper for what you were saying?

The Scythe itself is not meant as a replacement for later weapons, and it's largely meant as a farming tool - though upgrading the scythe say perhaps with Gems/Other Items could be an interesting mechanic to make it more unique. Though you would have to pick one and stick with it! No crafting multiples!

Do you have any ideas for what the recipes may be for some of your suggestions? I kind of want him to get them from Giant Drops to make the Scythe REALLY Unique! (Deerclops Eyeball, Thick Fur, Down Feathers and Scales) Any ideas on what combining the scythe with those would do?

Oh, okay. Well, I don't have ROG, so it would not work for me... But, the health is alrigth. Since the Deerclops Eyeball is the only food, it could be used to make a scythe that leeches life, and, about the others, I think they only combine with my stuffing idea, like, the Scales would make the one that adds armor, the Thick Fur, the one that increases health but lower all other stats and the Down Feathers, the one that make him move and attack faster. And, about the scythe being used as a farming tool, maybe you can have just one scythe at time(so if you have one kind of scythe, you will have to use it to make the other type) and, what about the crows thing?

I actually had plans on making a Giant unique to the caves who would show up on occasion that is a Giant Scarecrow - much like Wurder himself however far more terrifying. Wurder is to innocent to have a killer instinct like that deep down! (You never know if I'll make a second scarecrow character though!)

ooooh, I get it you little devil

Oh, okay. Well, I don't have ROG, so it would not work for me... But, the health is alrigth. Since the Deerclops Eyeball is the only food, it could be used to make a scythe that leeches life, and, about the others, I think they only combine with my stuffing idea, like, the Scales would make the one that adds armor, the Thick Fur, the one that increases health but lower all other stats and the Down Feathers, the one that make him move and attack faster. And, about the scythe being used as a farming tool, maybe you can have just one scythe at time(so if you have one kind of scythe, you will have to use it to make the other type) and, what about the crows thing?

ooooh, I get it you little devil

If you get the chance you should totally buy RoG! Support the Klei! Long live Don't Starve!

The problem with having one type of scythe that could transform with one unique giant drop, then requiring another giant drop to transform it further is that the Giants would not only have to appear in the first place - they'd need to appear in order! I understand you don't have RoG but in case you weren't aware:

Giants have a chance to spawn every time the season changes, if it doesn't spawn, you have to wait a whole other season for them to show up! Then if you don't have the Goose/Moose giant spawn in say Spring (because you need the Down Feathers), you have to wait through Summer, Autumn and Winter just to get the next shot at transforming your scythe! That's almost 50-80 days! Which stacked up adds to about 400 minutes - 640 Minutes. A 6-10 hour gameplay session of wait time! Who wants that!? I've never even survived that long!

It's why I think you should have the scythe remain default, but have 4 seperate options that represent different things the character could do. (While this makes him sort of a Swiss Army Knife, aside from his health I don't think his stats will be too good.)

For example:

• A Scythe that is even BETTER at Farming! (Puts everything in your inventory instead of just cutting it down/picking it.)
  • A Scythe that has it's AoE Attack damage boosted! (Great for fighting Hounds! Dear god!)
  • A Scythe that doubles as a Walking Cane! (Handy!)
  • A Scythe that restores sanity slightly while holding it! (No durability item that gives sanity restoration, OP?)

I am actually really love this mod a lot! He's very adorable to me! I'd play as him!

Though I do believe giving the scythe sanity restoration might be a bit OP. If sanity restoration is desired, I believe going in "true scarecrow form" with the wooden stake should do it. ^^

I liked the idea, but, yeah, the sanity restoration is OP, maybe it would restore only on attack, but, as Ninaiso said, the true scarecrow form would help, so you could mix the scythe and a gem and make it leech life, or an elemental attack. maybe even a personal EXP system, as he grows his level, he learns new recipes, become faster, hides better and such

Archived