HELP ME! I HAVE LOST CONTROL OF MY BABIES!

My sweet baby tallbirds are so cute.  Right now they are teen birds.  They are not grown yet, but they have stopped following me.  I got revived by an meat effigy, and went back over to them, but all Wilson will say when I examine them is "It has a dangerous look in its eye.".  My sweet babies, I need their adorableness. HELP MEH PLZ! 

If you want another teenbird because that one doesnt love you anymore - you can always cheat and say screw it.

• Press the ~ key on your keyboard in game then type:
  • c_give("tallbirdegg", 1)
  • Press Ctrl + L to get rid of that wall of text!
  • You'll then have an egg in your inventory, raise it as normal.
  • Kill your stupid traitor tallbird!
  • AND EAT IT!

Im sorry if you were actually attached to the previous tallbird.

If you want another teenbird because that one doesnt love you anymore - you can always cheat and say screw it.

• AND EAT IT!

Wow,cold-blooded,aren't we?Welcome to the family. :wilson_cool:

• AND EAT IT!

They already died of hunger.  I can't stand to watch another brood of babies die. *lays down and dies.*

They already died of hunger.  I can't stand to watch another brood of babies die. *lays down and dies.*

Remember my friend. There is always the next world, and the next teenbird. Maybe you'll have another chance.

I can never even get them that far. They either get killed by my own Tooth Traps or my pet Lureplant. 

To many pets in one household!

Why would you want a filthy bird following you anyways?

So you can raise it to help you kill things to eat, then kill it to eat it's meat.

Birds are the source of all the worlds problems after all, why wouldn't you atleast use their evil for good when you can? (Especially if there is meat later.)

I'm such a sucky person,I can't even GET an egg.  :wilson_curious:

Getting an Egg is simple.

Bait the tallbird into attacking you, walk up to it then quickly run back to bait it's attack - you will dodge it if you do it right, then walk up and attack it once and quickly run away - It will miss it's attack again! Repeat until the mama tallbird is dead.

Then all you need to do is take the egg! Then you're done. Hatch it, or eat it later!

To many pets in one household!

So you can raise it to help you kill things to eat, then kill it to eat it's meat.

Birds are the source of all the worlds problems after all, why wouldn't you atleast use their evil for good when you can? (Especially if there is meat later.)

Getting an Egg is simple.

Bait the tallbird into attacking you, walk up to it then quickly run back to bait it's attack - you will dodge it if you do it right, then walk up and attack it once and quickly run away - It will miss it's attack again! Repeat until the mama tallbird is dead.

Then all you need to do is take the egg! Then you're done. Hatch it, or eat it later!

Well that is a quite interesting strategy!I will definitely try this in my next playthrough,and thanks for all the useful tips you have given me so far!You are awesome man

Well that is a quite interesting strategy!I will definitely try this in my next playthrough,and thanks for all the useful tips you have given me so far!You are awesome man

My pleasure, if you need any help or have any other questions shoot me a personal message or just start up a new thread on the forums! I'll do my best to help you out.

What's the point? It will develop into a Tallbird and cease to recognize you and attack you anyway. So what if you died and it forgets you earlier? if you raise a bird from an egg, we all know this inevitability. 

Life in Don't Starve is cruel.

Archived