Is there a chance map didnt spawn pig king?


Recommended Posts

Also, are you playing the Reign of Giants Add On? it's possible some season(s) may not show him. Try again in the Fall if so. If not using this, (or even if you are) there is a 25% chance the king will not spawn in a world and you need to either use the Teleportato or make a new game to (have the 75% chance to) spawn a Pig King.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there is no pig king in your world that you can find, he is either on an island off the map through a wormhole - or you need to move onto the next world. Then again if you're a cheater like me, and really attached to that world you can always spawn him under your mouse cursor.

 

  • Move your cursor where you would like him to spawn.
  • Press the ~ Key to open console
  • Type c_spawn("pigking", 1)
  • ????
  • Profit!

Good luck! Also to get rid of that annoying Console text, just save & quit then load the world again and the pig king will remain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If there is no pig king in your world that you can find, he is either on an island off the map through a wormhole - or you need to move onto the next world. Then again if you're a cheater like me, and really attached to that world you can always spawn him under your mouse cursor.

 

  • Move your cursor where you would like him to spawn.
  • Press the ~ Key to open console
  • Type c_spawn("pigking", 1)
  • ????
  • Profit!

Good luck! Also to get rid of that annoying Console text, just save & quit then load the world again and the pig king will remain.

Or you can just press ctrl( or alt? I always forget which one) + L.

And I agree. I cheat in a game whenever I find something unfair (such as losing a shitload of health due to a bug, I just spawn in healing salves) or I get screwed over by the RNG on something important (such as this occasion).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never heard of pressing Ctrl+L before, what does that do exactly?

I usually take anything the game gives me with a grain of salt, if I die it's my fault. However when the game REFUSES to give me something, and forces me to wait for long periods of time or look in ridiculously obscure places to find things (Collectibles in any game ever); I become extremely impatient. This is when I find cheating acceptable - because there is content the game has I haven't experienced yet due to random chance or need for too much busywork.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've never heard of pressing Ctrl+L before, what does that do exactly?

I usually take anything the game gives me with a grain of salt, if I die it's my fault. However when the game REFUSES to give me something, and forces me to wait for long periods of time or look in ridiculously obscure places to find things (Collectibles in any game ever); I become extremely impatient. This is when I find cheating acceptable - because there is content the game has I haven't experienced yet due to random chance or need for too much busywork.

 

Ctrl + L simply makes the oodles and doodles of text the console throws at you go away without having to go through the lag of the world loading. I only cheated once, and that was because I was getting attacked with Terrornightmare Creatures in the ruins, and they made my sanity go so low that the normal insanity monsters starting spawning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ctrl + L simply makes the oodles and doodles of text the console throws at you go away without having to go through the lag of the world loading. I only cheated once, and that was because I was getting attacked with Terrornightmare Creatures in the ruins, and they made my sanity go so low that the normal insanity monsters starting spawning.

THANK you. It used to go away when I quickly cycled my version info (Backspace key by default) but since their last updates, it didn't do that anymore.

Was going nuts trying to remember the original clear screen debug command/trying to find it on the Console Wiki Entry.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

THANK you. It used to go away when I quickly cycled my version info (Backspace key by default) but since their last updates, it didn't do that anymore.

Was going nuts trying to remember the original clear screen debug command/trying to find it on the Console Wiki Entry.  

 

Did insanity creatures start spawning on you? (You know, because you went nuts?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

THANK you. It used to go away when I quickly cycled my version info (Backspace key by default) but since their last updates, it didn't do that anymore.

Was going nuts trying to remember the original clear screen debug command/trying to find it on the Console Wiki Entry.  

 

Ctrl + L simply makes the oodles and doodles of text the console throws at you go away without having to go through the lag of the world loading. I only cheated once, and that was because I was getting attacked with Terrornightmare Creatures in the ruins, and they made my sanity go so low that the normal insanity monsters starting spawning.

I feel your suffering truth seeker, and lament that @Weirdobob has saved us from the endless walls of text!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I always just quit the game and reloaded the world to clear the text.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.