Sorry if this in wrong place/topic section 

Please don't bash me for this

I gave Don't Starve 56h worth.

Love the concept style art work..don't like the play style of it..

There just too much going on, everything from freezing to heat stroke, rain, getting hit by lighting, hounds / Beefalo chasing you , everything bursting in flames, losing everything you have. Insanity meter always dipping, and not forget, health, food, gathering resources on top all that..it wouldn't be so bad if my game wasn't deleting it self after death, or location pointing where you dead at, if you want your stuff back and no, I don't use mods and think cheating is not how the game suppose to play ...

This game must be set on hard mode or something cause, there nothing easy about it...to me, nothing balance in the game proper..and shouldn't be this hard to enjoy it.

I'm not trying to mold the game around me or change the style of it, it's your game .for casual player like myself just keep dying over and over again all this before day 8 , it's just not fun. 

Think I said enough on this so ended here.. 

it's my thoughts

anyways, thanks for listening.

I wouldnt say this game is set on Hard Mode or Hardcore, just that its Rogue-like, which is the core basis of the game other than being survival. Im on my 282hr of the game and I admit the game can be overwhelming with the mechanics, but after some time you get used to it and it doesnt seem that much. Also if you want you can change the world to your liking without adding mods if you want. Make it with little to no combustion, same goes with lightening and rain. But after a while it really isnt that bad.

• Developer

Agreed that the game can be a little unrelenting at times, which is why we've been trying to constantly balance it as we've gone along. Some characters are easier than others to play in certain playstyles, and it is about finding what tactics work best individually for you.

We actually expect and want newer players to die the first few times they play the game, as it helps them learn what works and doesn't.

In general though, if you are finding it too difficult to be enjoyable, I concur that you should also look at just tweaking the settings in World Generation. I, myself, often will turn off the pesky Gobbler so he doesn't eat all my berries.  :)

You might wanna scale back to the base "vanilla" game, and disable the Reign of Giants DLC. There's still a lot going on that you need to manage, sure, and you'll still experience permadeath, which will be frustrating... but it's far easier than taking on all the challenges and changes that the DLC introduced. For example, no overheating. There are only 2 seasons in vanilla: winter and summer. Summer in vanilla is the equivalent of Autumn in the DLC. There's also only one giant in vanilla, compared to 4 in the DLC.

Check out some of the guides to get you started. You don't have to read all the way through, even just checking out the tips recommended for the first few days can help you get going with prioritizing, which will make surviving less stressful: http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Guides

There's another guide, not on the Wiki, but made by a member here who is also the moderator of the Steam forums that I think is really good as well: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=172423035

Sorry if this in wrong place/topic section 

Please don't bash me for this

I gave Don't Starve 56h worth.

Love the concept style art work..don't like the play style of it..

There just too much going on, everything from freezing to heat stroke, rain, getting hit by lighting, hounds / Beefalo chasing you , everything bursting in flames, losing everything you have. Insanity meter always dipping, and not forget, health, food, gathering resources on top all that..it wouldn't be so bad if my game wasn't deleting it self after death, or location pointing where you dead at, if you want your stuff back and no, I don't use mods and think cheating is not how the game suppose to play ...

This game must be set on hard mode or something cause, there nothing easy about it...to me, nothing balance in the game proper..and shouldn't be this hard to enjoy it.

I'm not trying to mold the game around me or change the style of it, it's your game .for casual player like myself just keep dying over and over again all this before day 8 , it's just not fun. 

Think I said enough on this so ended here.. 

it's my thoughts

anyways, thanks for listening.

Don't worry, Don't starve takes time getting used to.  Just find your own survival techniques, or ask for other's help.  Eventually you will learn the do's and don'ts of it.  Try changing some world settings.  I bet you will do great anyway you try.

hey i past from that, i will give you a real tip wait to multiplayers and play with somoene realy good and learn from him i will be more fun andit will increase you skills more

You might wanna scale back to the base "vanilla" game, and disable the Reign of Giants DLC. There's still a lot going on that you need to manage, sure, and you'll still experience permadeath, which will be frustrating... but it's far easier than taking on all the challenges and changes that the DLC introduced. For example, no overheating. There are only 2 seasons in vanilla: winter and summer. Summer in vanilla is the equivalent of Autumn in the DLC. There's also only one giant in vanilla, compared to 4 in the DLC.

That's pretty much the best shot. If you are saying that "too much is going on", try the vanilla first. If you think you can control winter pretty ok, try moving on to the addon.

The Reign of Giants DLC add a lot to the game and that can be pretty overwhelming to new players. I wouldn't suggest any new or casual player to start the game with RoG.

I think you vanilla will really boost your playing expirence. Try to give the game another chance.

Archived