Glommer too OP

Dear Community,

I'm loving the Reign of giants DLC but there's something i don't really like about it,the naughtiness level of glommer is just ridiculous and i think it should be nerfed from 50 to 20 IMO because now it's way easier of getting the krampus sac and doesn't feel like an achievement anymore when you get it,does anyone agree with me?

Thank you for your time c:

Yours,

Jag.

now it's way easier of getting the krampus sac and doesn't feel like an achievement anymore when you get it,does anyone agree with me?

Is that a joke? 1% drop rate makes it near impossible to get it intentionally. If you got lucky several times - its too early to brand it easy to get. 1% is a tricky thing - you may never get it to drop again. (I mean there IS a really smallish probability for it not to drop even after 1000 Krampus kills).

Even with Glommer, I have played many games over 300-400 days, killed a lot of glommers and even played with Krampus on lots, still never dropped a Krampus sac. It's 1% chance every full moon (per krampus spawned), so it's kinda random. You can get one the 1st time you kill a Krampus but you could kill a thousand and never get one! I think it's fine as it is.

At least don't make it direct 50 levels,decrease to like 40 so that it could be balanced,it's like inventory hacking...

How exactly is it like inventory hacking? It's no different from killing chests full of rabbits, or constantly boomerang birds, it's just faster but less practical in the long run.

I don't think it's OP either. I do miss hearing Krampus' hissing noises. But a 1% chance is what makes it non OP. I'm currently on a 300 day save file, kill Glommer the first night of every full moon (spawning 2 or 3 Krampii) and haven't even gotten a whiff of a Krampus Sack. (Sounds Nasty).

On a previous file (500 day) I got the sack on day 462ish. Definitely not OP by any means. 

Well i got a better solution,to fix all this problem,there are also catcoons which are plenty in the Deciduous biomes and plenty of them spawn giving the optimum amount for krampus to spawn easily and gives you a warning,it is also a faster method than a full moon,making Glommer ruin the game and OP at the same time,this is just my opinion and i would like to hear the communities'.

Well i got a better solution,to fix all this problem,there are also catcoons which are plenty in the Deciduous biomes and plenty of them spawn giving the optimum amount for krampus to spawn easily and gives you a warning,it is also a faster method than a full moon,making Glommer ruin the game and OP at the same time,this is just my opinion and i would like to hear the communities'.

How exactly does that make Glommer ruin the game?

...what?

You've said yourself, killing something else like catcoons would be a quicker method than killing Glommer, so how does Glommer spoil the game?

Personally I've given up on ever getting a Krampus Sack, so if I do kill Glommer it's to get an Old Bell.  I like keeping Glommer around as his gloop is a great fuel source.

You've said yourself, killing something else like catcoons would be a quicker method than killing Glommer, so how does Glommer spoil the game?

Personally I've given up on ever getting a Krampus Sack, so if I do kill Glommer it's to get an Old Bell.  I like keeping Glommer around as his gloop is a great fuel source.

ever use it as a fertilizer or is it really only to be burnt? 

ever use it as a fertilizer or is it really only to be burnt? 

I'm not sure about fertiliser as I haven't tried, but I save mine up and use it in the Summer for my ice flingomatics, and occasionally on a fire if I'm expecting hounds and need a good blaze.

Dear Community,

I'm loving the Reign of giants DLC but there's something i don't really like about it,the naughtiness level of glommer is just ridiculous and i think it should be nerfed from 50 to 20 IMO because now it's way easier of getting the krampus sac and doesn't feel like an achievement anymore when you get it,does anyone agree with me?

Thank you for your time c:

Yours,

Jag.

I don't think one chance at a 1% drop every full moon is exactly OP.

For real though, In all 1000 days of my Reign of Giants world, not one sack dropped. I killed glommer twice almost every full moon too, there was an exploit back then allowing you to do that. It's all RNG, and neither the sack nor glommer directly benefit your survival too much in any way so I'm not really seeing a problem here, sorry. :/

Archived