there is nothing to do at nighttime

ive played a good chunk of hours now, and ive come to the conclusion there's a huge dead-time of inactivity during night

maybe it changes, maybe something occurs that hasn't occurred for me yet, but right now its just running around during the day time, then standing still and doing absolutely nothing during night time, and watching a counter tick away until it is day again

this i think is the biggest flaw of the game, i don't really have a suggestion to fix it, but i would say there needs to be something there, something the player can do during this time that is useful, or keeps them actively engaged with the game

What I do to avoid the night being a 'dead time" is I wait for night to cook all my food, harvest my plants, saplings and grass and plant/chop trees. It goes by so much faster that way, and if you are camped by a beeflo you can get a miners hat or torch and shave them (as you can only do that at night) There is a bunch you can do, you just have to find a way to manage your time better.

Also, If you wait to harvest resources at night you wont be wasting the daylight to do it and will have more time to do other things. :D Hope this helps!

i understand you can use a torch, but with the timer on the torch's effectiveness I believe no one will actually risk dying for the minimal amount of things you can do during night

maybe they could add some sort of night-time only mystical things to do? like monsters or resources that only appear at night , or maybe crafting things that can only occur during night, and only last for the duration of that night?

i do my farming at night separate the days loot into proper chests cook and build the next days tools after this is done there is not much time left till sunrise. of course that is if i am at my camp. alot of my bigger resources(rocks,silk,reeds,beefalo) are at the other end of my map 3-4 islands away after i scouted the whole map i placed my camp as far away from the luxuries as possible so i can go on adventures that take days at a time instead of coming back to camp every night.

I actually kind of enjoy the long wait at night time. In my mind, it's closer to a real survival situation- at night time you just wait around and nothing much happens, except occasionally when **** goes really wrong (often because you made some dumb error). And there's always the straw roll, I suppose.