Summer and wetness

I have already seen some people posting about this, The topic is about wetness and summer.

In my opinion it's ridiculous, constructions and living beings can start smoldering and even get set on fire, but when you are wet the wetness decrease like in the winter or spring. I think it need some buff while summer last and maybe a nerf in the winter. 

What do you think?

It is a bit silly to be constantly wet in a Summer so hot that random objects burst into flames.

Now I don't even use the Ice Cube hat anymore, because of that ridiculous wetness.

You just end up being completely soaking wet (and thus insane), while overheating anyway! That doesn't make sense either.

When RoG was in beta, the ice hat was different - it didn't melt, it just kept you cool. Feedback from the community was strong that this was way too overpowered, making the difficulty intended by seasons no longer a struggle. So the ice hat was nerfed and the melting/wetness mechanic added to retain the challenge and push players to learn new strategies for survival.

Wetness, while having a chilling effect over time, wasn't intended as a way to cool you in summer. If you choose to use the wetness mechanic in that way by getting it high enough that freezing kicks in, you've gotta balance that out with the other impact of negating your sanity. It's your choice to use it and work with that balance, or you can use any of the other means of cooling yourself in summer that don't add in these extra variables.

@Imsonmony, care to emphasize on those "extra variables"? What other ways are there to stop overheating other than relying on the Ice Hat and Watermelon Hat? Right now I pretty much just gather enough materials for a bunch of tents and siesta-o-leans and fast forward Summer because I  can't do anything else besides running around my Endothermic firepit day and night.

@Imsonmony, care to emphasize on those "extra variables"? What other ways are there to stop overheating other than relying on the Ice Hat and Watermelon Hat? Right now I pretty much just gather enough materials for a bunch of tents and siesta-o-leans and fast forward Summer because I  can't do anything else besides running around my Endothermic firepit day and night.

Sure! The others are:

HEAD

Eyebrella (once you've killed Deerclops)

Straw hat (an absolute last resort because it's protection is so minimal)

BODY

Summer frest

Floral shirt

Chilled amulet

INVENTORY / OTHER

Eat cooling foods like: ice, ice cream, watermelon, melonsicle

You can keep 2 thermal stones in the icebox and/or Snow Chester. Hold one in your inventory while it's cold, and swap it out when it starts getting warm.

Thank you! First thing first, I'll need Snow Chester, I completely forgot about him. :D I'm gonna go the Chilled Amulet way. What about umbrellas, any idea if they they keep the heat away?

Yep, Umbrellas work too.

The main thing you need to have, is two Thermal stones, so you can swap one in and out of an ice box, or snow chester.

I also hold an Umbrella, and wear the Eyebrella on my head.

I don't wear anything on my body because I am addicted to my backpack (I'm a hoarder).

Chilled amulet is used as a last resort, when you have nothing else to cool you down, just wear it for long enough to cool you and then take it off to preserve its durability.

What I had on my mind was that, you stay wet for too long in the summer. Tempetature is so high that most of things are flammable. So why can't you dry a bit faster during summer because of the heat.

You don't wear the ice cube and go about your business... you slap it on when you're overheating for a few seconds and switch back to your other hat. It gets you as wet as it does to prevent you from over-using that mechanic. That's also why it dries at the same slow rate as the other seasons.

Honestly just hang out near home in the summer and just alternate thermal stones in an ice box. Save yourself endless heartache. 16 days to fall and then you can go ape running around the map without worrying about your ambient temperature.

Archived