Relations Between Characters...?

Alright so. Introductions... Ok.

Hi! I'm Lucz and I'm knew here. I just want to ask about some of the believed relations between characters. I'm wondering how Maxwell chooses the people he puts on the Island (I believe he chooses the victims because he, after all, is the entertainer, They probably just want a good show, after all)

Heres what I believe:

Maxwell can select anyone he feels will entertain Them, and trick them into going onto the Island. I believe this explains our intriuguing cast in Dont Starve.

-Warning, the following paragraphs are mostly speculation-

Wilson, was selected by Maxwell for his lust/desperation for the knowledge that could make him worth something to his scientific peers. I believe Maxwell relates to this because when Maxwell began to do magic he wanted to be respected as well.

Wes was more than likely a clown in The Circus, this also goes for Wolfgang. In a William Carter puzzle (no I wont tell you which one, solve all of them yourself) there is a picture of someone that looks lik Wes on an Ad for the Circus, the Ad also talks about a "Strongman" the Circus also owned a car in the train that crashed.

Wendy (and Abigail) are Maxwells neices. This is supported by the note from Maxwells brother, saying Mother hasn't met the twins.

WX was probably a machine made by Wilson. When Wilson ventured to show his peers however, WX ran away.

Wickerbottom could be Charlie's sister, but theres almost no evidence.

THat leaves Woodie and Willow. How do you think these people were selected by Maxwell, is there reason? Were they just interesting people who Maxwell thought would entertain them? Is there any correlation between them and the other characters? Leave your speculation below! If I missed anything, leave that below as well! Go nuts!

• Like 1

Yeah, Willow being Wilson's cousin or niece is very popular in the community.

I think Maxwell being the uncle of Wendy and Abigail might actually be canon.

And Woodie..could always be the friendly neighborhood neighbor who was in the wrong spot at the same time. God bit by a beaver and just out asked for a place of peace--living in a forest were you hurt nothing both monsters and trees might just be a paradise for Woodie...same for Willow maybe? Maybe both of them were patients in a mental institution--both wanting the outsides and trees forever and ever.

Edited by Parrotoss

Yeah, Willow being Wilson's cousin or niece is very popular in the community.

I think Maxwell being the uncle of Wendy and Abigail might actually be canon.

And Woodie..could always be the friendly neighborhood neighbor who was in the wrong spot at the same time. God bit by a beaver and just out asked for a place of peace--living in a forest were you hurt nothing both monsters and trees might just be a paradise for Woodie...same for Willow maybe? Maybe both of them were patients in a mental institution--both wanting the outsides and trees forever and ever.

Yea! I like those theories. In the backround of the beggining of the dont starve video "Forbbiden Knowledge" there is a mountaneous, heavily forested area about the sides of Wilsons house could provide a suitable enviornment for the werebeaver lumberjack. I'm not to certain about the mental institution however. In the backdrop of Willows character portrait she is seen burning down a city. This would lead you to believe she has Pyromanic tendencies, but her weakness (lights fires when nervous) would define something more akin to a panic disorder. Perhaps a suitable label would be something akin to "Panic disorder with pyromanic tendencies" but I'm actually quite an amateure in terms of Pyschology. I'll review the DSM and gather a more definitative answer.

• Like 2

This might help.  I know you already know some of this, but this is a quick explanation.

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/William_Carter_Puzzles#Third_Puzzle

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/24433-william-carters-story-so-farpuzzle-findings-and-lore-compilation/

Edited by XxTheGentleManScientistxX

my theory about Willow:

Willow has a lonely little girl her only friend(Imagginary) has her teddybear her parent has signed her in girl scouts beceuse they hoped than she will make some friend.

And theory about her pyromania:

Her love for fire has started in her early childhood watching how to log burn in fireplace make her to smile in a day she finded a lighter on  her dresser(or something)she liked the lighter very much,she painted it and then started to burn things she loved that so much.

How Willow ended in Maxwell world:

Maxwell selected her for her surival skills and for her pyromania.

A week after willson dissaparence his hometown start to burn willow caused that fire.The whole town has dead leaving no surivors except for Willow who has appared to be imune to fire she runned scared in a forest where she finded a house who has not burned she entered searchid for shelter and she seed the Maxwell Door.The radio has started to talk:Beyond the gate is protection and a whole word to burn just turn lever....

Edited by Raresh32

I like your thoughts but I think WX78 was created by Woodrow (In some forum sites, people voted and has almost certainly find that it is Woodrow speak because he has the same sounds it, but why would Wickerbottom sister Charlie , ja Charlie seems to be an entity type