If you are playing multiplayer with webber, do your friends get attacked by the spiders? Would anyone get attacked by the pods webber puts down?  I could see people getting attacked by wild spider dens, but could webber possible tame the den for the other players?  Maybe with lots of monster meat?

I say to let the spiders act the exact same, therefore it would make Webber more of a distant person, but if the spiders are tamed and the player has no intention to harm Webber then let them live. I don't know if taming a nest would be ... umm... worth it? Since that would make this game more of like a game of thrones faction fighting thing lol. 

OKAY I SEE HOW YOU ALL ARE! *flips table* 

lol, sometimes it can be like that.

EDIT: Yeah, this topic isn't too far gone either tbh.

OKAY I SEE HOW YOU ALL ARE! *flips table* 

Haha, okay, okay, I'm here!

Good question. After some musing on it, I'd say that even Webber-befriended spiders will attack other players because spiders are still their enemies. Sorta like how befriended pigs will still attack spiders, even though they're in your control.

Webber is a spider and sticking true to Don't Starve should be attacked by anything that would attack a spider. Webbers spider followers should attack other players (presuming we all can't be Webber and are different characters)

1. Everyone should wear Spiderhats. To prevent spiders aggroing us, but obviously then Pigs will aggro us.

OR

2. New craftable Amulet that makes pigs/bunnymen passive towards Webber and spiders passive to other players. Maybe the Spiderhat can be used as an item amongst 2 others to craft the "Spider Amulet" and the One-man Band can be used as an item amongst 2 others to craft the "Pig/Bunnyman Amulet"

Edit: can Webber use the One-man Band in RoG?

Webber is a spider and sticking true to Don't Starve should be attacked by anything that would attack a spider. Webbers spider followers should attack other players (presuming we all can't be Webber and are different characters)

1. Everyone should wear Spiderhats. To prevent spiders aggroing us, but obviously then Pigs will aggro us.

OR

2. New craftable Amulet that makes pigs/bunnymen passive towards Webber and spiders passive to other players. Maybe the Spiderhat can be used as an item amongst 2 others to craft the "Spider Amulet" and the One-man Band can be used as an item amongst 2 others to craft the "Pig/Bunnyman Amulet"

No, I believe it draws the pigs toward you, but they become aggressive when they get closer.

I think that Webber spiders should be a different color. I think webber spiders should treat friendly players like friendlies. It would lead to a cool synergy. I think this should be the default for loyal NPCs. With loyal spiders and pigs still fighting each other regardless.

Having Webbers traits be an even bigger problem in MP sounds cool for RP purposes, and less cool for gameplay ones.

I think that Webber spiders should be a different color. I think webber spiders should treat friendly players like friendlies. It would lead to a cool synergy. I think this should be the default for loyal NPCs. With loyal spiders and pigs still fighting each other regardless.

Having Webbers traits be an even bigger problem in MP sounds cool for RP purposes, and less cool for gameplay ones.

But think about it if that was possible as Webber we could spam spider dens all around our base and non Webber characters would be safe 24/7. You'll basically nullify every trap/defence in the game making Don't Starve Together super easy.

Granted you can do this in singleplayer, but that's your choice, your actions in Don't Starve vanilla don't affect anyone else.

Edit: why am I seeing these � on words with ' in them.

I was thinking about it more from the angle of spiders that webber feed, rather than him planting eggs. I'm torn on the egg base thing. On one hand webber can do that in singleplayer, so it'd be nice in a way, but it's just so strong. If it worked they would have to be a lot harder to plant than they are now. Maybe friendly nests cost a ton of resources. It could work if it was expensive enough, or if they world was significantly deadlier.

Either way, I think any spiders that he feeds shouldn't attack the other players unless they're pvping.

OR

if the amulet would become a thing in my opinion he should start off with it and it wouldnt break really quickly if it added durability

I think his spiders should remain aggressive toward other players without spider hats and be used with care, away from others. It makes him some kind of a socially awkward character who wants to befriend everyone but his spideryness and creepy spider friends keep getting in the way, which kind of fits him perfectly.

If he wants to use the spiders, he should simply make a separate area for himself and only bring spiders along when he and others are not working on the same area or something. It's strategical thing when playing as Webber!

Archived