Art tablets.

You don't need anything super big and fancy. A small cheap tablet goes a long way.

I own a Wacom Intuos Pen and Touch Small Tablet which is $80 on Amazon

But they can range between $60 to $300 or even $1000, find what fits your budget and see what features it comes with if your interested in that. Bamboo tablets are also pretty popular.

Mine's a monoprice tablet that I picked up for 50 bucks, it does the job and is a decent brand if you want cheap, but I would recommend a bamboo tablet if you want dependable and long lasting, but they are more expensive.

Really just shop around, I do gotta say that the bamboo tablet I had the nibs would wear out REALLY REALLY QUICKLY, so I had to order more all the time, but I havent had to replace the nib on my current one yet, which Ive had for a good year and a half

I *thought* they retired the Bamboo line, but I could be wrong.

It kind of depends on how you draw too. If you draw with your wrist, you should be fine with a smaller model. If you're like me and you draw with your entire arm when space allows it, go for a bigger model. I personally use an Intuos 5 (Medium).

I'd give feedback about a Cintiq as well but... I've honestly never used one because I don't have the two grand for one. Or any other tablet brand. I've only used Wacom. 

I am looking into buying one of these beauts, but I have no clue where to start! I was wondering if I could get a few helpful tips from my fellow forumers to see what tablets are best, and what they use. All comments are highly appreciated!

I recommend Wacom's Intuos. I did try a Bamboo at work some years ago but that thing was too slippery.

I recommend Wacom's Intuos. I did try a Bamboo at work some years ago but that thing was too slippery.

They're damn near indestructible though. I had mine for about three years and the nib never wore down. I wore down my new Intuos one in under a month. 

I stuck my old Bamboo nib in it... and promptly lost the pen. 

Pretty much what everyone else has stated thus far. I use a standard all around model Bamboo tablet that covers the basics--the pen nub wears out quickly, but it's fine if you are careful--I find that reinstalling the tablet drive from the given disc can help extend the life of a nun if it's flat and not smashed...but new ones are always best.

If the surface of the tablet concerns you, placing a page of printer copy paper on the surface can make drawing feel more natural.

The back-lite tablets were you draw directly onto the drawing/screen may be a temping buy and feel amazing to use, but if you aren't using it for a major profession or utilizing it for all the extra tools, no use spending all that extra $, am I right?