Sea monsters, abyss worms, boats, and blimps oh my!

The ocean and abyss are barriers of DS, useless barriers. BORING! We should fix that with some living beings living in them, besides pen gull's!  We need to add abyss worms into the abyss, to make it a biome  as well! and to cross it, steam blimps!

and make that there is a LOT less on the main island but with moar islands across the world!!!

your seeing my idea exactly! Here's how it works.

If a boat was made anyone with a fishing pole could go fishing and catch TONS of fish, and a new monster for the water......the Whale Fish, a fish that occasionally will surface for air. Along with this would come with a special underwater world, which would add scuba helmet and oxygen tank backpack, or Oxygen Back ( both for air, and for bringing underwater goodies to the surface) and for the abyss worms and steam blimps, the steam blimps would allow you to fly! I can't seem to design a good picture for an idea of what it would look like. But i bet the DS team could figure it out, they've figured out all kinds of things in the past! :D

Whale fish Hp: 500 ( just like a beefalo)

is neutral.

does 34 damage per bite.

drops fish and seaweed!

add suggestions if you like this idea!

I like the concept of the sea, but the whole point of don't starve is that you're trapped on an island, having boats and other islands seems to kind of detract from it all. However, I do like the sea concept as I said and if you were to make something cool like lost where when you swim out too far mist starts to come in and you either return back the way you came, or better yet monsters attack you, then I'd love the idea. But this would be good for a dlc as you could add diving to the game, you could make dive gear and have an underwater system like a cave, except more difficult as air would have to be a priority.

I'm into the idea of boats, but perhaps not steam blimps. That'd be pushing it. Would the boat have durability, especially if its going to be sailing for a while. Would the character be able to swim if the boat was wrecked/ran out mid journey? 

I like the idea but I doubt that this will be implemented cuz it will make the world even wider and the mechanics of them blimps and boats and getting them beyond the borders. I mean, is it even possible to make a ride in don't starve? I dunno any mod and haven't used a single one but if it was made possible in the mods, then  problem solved. The next question is how to access the borders without making the game lag cuz I sense much more glitches and bugs cuz there's already a bug where mobs gets stuck inside the borders and can't get back out.

More 'things' like monsters coming out of the sea sounds cool.

Boats and Blimps?  No thank you.  To much work for so little pay off.  Worm Holes work fine for getting around.  You add boats and blimps and the next thing you know, you're adding in motorcycles and cars.

This game has its own kind of charm.  So many people ask, "Why can't you build a house?" - If you could build a house, you wouldn't need to worry about the rain and cold now would you?  You could cozy up to the fire place and read a good book, instead of standing in front of your fire pit hoping the shadow hands don't take your fire or the wolves come and eat you.

The makers of this game did a great job in designing this game, and I think adding things like boats and blimps would just ruin the charm.

Archived