Obviously more people that are going to play on the world you are going to play on, the more characters so everyone has a person to play as. I was thinking maybe instead of how many days you survive, you have to do more like Webber, Wes, and Maxwell. More characters that you can unlock without days and unique ways to unlock them. I'm not saying like 100 new characters but something like 5.

Also, what about the RoG DLC? Will that be able to be enabled with the DST options to the people who have it?

No, that's not what they said. They were saying "We hope to be able to have at least four players on a server."

This is what JoeW said: "We believe that Don’t Starve Together will support 2-4 players simultaneously. Could be more, but we are aiming for 4 minimum."

Which means right now as things stands there are maximum 4 players with the possibility of having more. If they said 5 minimum that would mean 2-5 players, if 6 minimum then 2-6 players. Really it should be max 4 players is what JoeW should have said, but right now as far as I know they are undecided.

This is what JoeW said: "We believe that Don’t Starve Together will support 2-4 players simultaneously. Could be more, but we are aiming for 4 minimum."

Which means right now as things stands there are maximum 4 players with the possibility of having more. If they said 5 minimum that would mean 2-5 players, if 6 minimum then 2-6 players. Really it should be max 4 players is what JoeW should have said, but right now as far as I know they are undecided.

No, he's aiming for 4 minimum. As in, he's hoping to have at least four players at once, but there will probably be more.

No, he's aiming for 4 minimum. As in, he's hoping to have at least four players at once, but there will probably be more.

No. Trust me there will be 2-4 players definitely. 4 is a minimum because they may have more.

Edit: it's like me saying I'm inviting 2-4 people to a party at my home. 4 will be minimum. If I want to invite more I'll do that. So I could have more than 4 people at my party but right now I'm only considering 4.

No. Trust me there will be 2-4 players definitely. 4 is a minimum because they may have more.

Edit: it's like me saying I'm inviting 2-4 people to a party at my home. 4 will be minimum. If I want to invite more I'll do that. So I could have more than 4 people at my party but right now I'm only considering 4.

No, you're saying that you'll definitely have four, but you're hoping to have more.

No, you're saying that you'll definitely have four, but you're hoping to have more.

No that's not what I'm saying. Based on what JoeW has said there will be 2-4 players. Are you happy with that?

Now JoeW isn't sure if Don't Starve Together will have more than 4 players so he said 4 will be minimum. So he is saying Klei might have more than 4 players. Understood?

Personally I hope 4 will be maximum. So it should be 2-4 players only.

I didn't get what JoeW said out of what you said, but I'm pretty sure my guess was just as badly explained.

I shoulda just said that my guess was a minimum of the maximum amount of players at one time. because really, the minimum is 1 person.

Nope what I said made perfect sense. I didn't even read what you wrote :-)

It made sense to me too. It just didn't match what JoeW said, to me. and mine did, however looking at mine again I can see just as much confusion.

It made sense to me too. It just didn't match what JoeW said, to me. and mine did, however looking at mine again I can see just as much confusion.

Don't make me @ JoeW to come here and decide who makes more sense out of the three of us! I'll do it! I will!

Don't make me @ JoeW to come here and decide who makes more sense out of the three of us! I'll do it! I will!

lol don't worry. it was a throwaway comment to begin with. continuous clarification just makes it way sillier than it already was

If they were to add a new character my guess is that it would be Wyro and I would only want them to add 1 new char. I would also hope they have a use in both multiplayer and singleplayer... not because I care but for all the complainers out there.

how much characters are in the game right now? 11? i think they can add at least 1 to make it 12, that leave you with a few possibilities more. even if i'm happy with the actual 11, its not like im gonna die if they add 1 more (?)

Jeesh, Why do you guys have to make this so complicated?

At the least we will probably have more than 1 but less than 30. The minimum that we expect to have a time will be determined by how many we can have with more than one person as long as it is less than 5. So probably 2 or 4 but a minimum of 4 and a maximum of anything over 3 unless it is more than 4. Unless we can do more than 4 in which case the minimum might be double the maximum give or take 1 or 2, but definitely at least 5, but it's going to be at least 4. 

Now that we have that squared away. The maximum will probably be about double the minimum unless there is only a single digit minimum in which case it is still double, but maybe add another to even it out. 

Or, what @spiritcrusher77 said. The minimum max number of players we are aiming at is 4, but we hope to go higher than that. I don't imagine there would be an actual minimum number of players. It's really going to depend on a number of things including how it works out gameplay wise. 

Obviously more people that are going to play on the world you are going to play on, the more characters so everyone has a person to play as. I was thinking maybe instead of how many days you survive, you have to do more like Webber, Wes, and Maxwell. More characters that you can unlock without days and unique ways to unlock them. I'm not saying like 100 new characters but something like 5.

Also, what about the RoG DLC? Will that be able to be enabled with the DST options to the people who have it?

RoG could be included and played by everyone who has the DLC. I doubt Klei would leave out RoG as an option for those who have it and want to play it with others in DST.

okay let me clarify this in a simple way.

They are aiming to have at least 4 players as the maximum, they would like to do more for the maximum, but will definitely let you play with 4 players (Including yourself)

This does not mean you must have at least 4 players for the minimum, minimum is a bad word to use here.... You can start a multiplayer server as one player and others can join into your game until the server/world has 4 active players.

YOU DO NOT NEED 4 PLAYERS TO PLAY DST, That's silly and they'd never do it.

Also, in response to the original post, if what I've said here is indeed fact, then the amount of characters we currently have access to is suffice, no need for any more, all though I'm not against it (Who doesn't love more character options), it's not necessary for entertaining multiplayer by any means.

Archived