My world without Tallbird?

I found a perfect world the way I wanted (I left everything in Default) there is no Tallbirds 

What do I do? I really want at least 1 nest on the map 

they are generated later? I'll have to create another map? 

is there any cheat to generate a nest? 

By the way, I noticed it too - somehow Tallbird Nests became really rare, in most worlds I didn't encounter even one. Maybe we should let @SethR know. It is rather strange, really.

It's not strange at all.Tallbird nest are rare,yes but they have chance to spawn on any gameyou create.They are like the krampus sack drop rate. Not really at 1%. I created a lot of games and I never got one,except for wigfrid and webber.It's just a question of luck.It's not a bug. Sometmes you can see only 2 tallbird on the world map or 1 ...

It's not strange at all.Tallbird nest are rare,yes but they have chance to spawn on any gameyou create.They are like the krampus sack drop rate. Not really at 1%. I created a lot of games and I never got one,except for wigfrid and webber.It's just a question of luck.It's not a bug. Sometmes you can see only 2 tallbird on the world map or 1 ...

I disagree, it is rather strange. Ok, maybe they are supposed to be rare - let there be 1-3 for one map at least. But zero nests on a huge sized map? Thats not normal. And if you set them on "More" - the world will be infested with them too much, so you can't use that. And I always prefer to play on huge ones. Is it not frustrating not to find at least 1 nest on a huge map and then stumble upon TallFort setpiece with dozens of them on small map?

I disagree, it is rather strange. Ok, maybe they are supposed to be rare - let there be 1-3 for one map at least. But zero nests on a huge sized map? Thats not normal. And if you set them on "More" - the world will be infested with them too much, so you can't use that. And I always prefer to play on huge ones. Is it not frustrating not to find at least 1 nest on a huge map and then stumble upon TallFort setpiece with dozens of them on small map?

Agreed.Sometimes due to boredom, I create a large map on default settings for everything else, pick a character, change speed/godmode and I just run around the entire island until I have filled out the map just to see what I can discover. I understand tallbirds are a rare mob, but sometimes it seems stupidly so. Even when I am not doing above said thing, I can barely see any on default. Even just a handful more, like 5, would be nice. I can't help but think the species is critically endangered when I can only find 1 or 2 on a default map.

In the last updates, Tallbird Nest numbers have been lowered, so they have a chance to not spawn when set to default.

Source: Don't Starve Wiki.

I know 1 or 2 is very bad but you can trust me I had a game with only 1 tallbird ... and the wiki maybe need some updates but I'm sure it doesn't lie this time

Agreed.Sometimes due to boredom, I create a large map on default settings for everything else, pick a character, change speed/godmode and I just run around the entire island until I have filled out the map just to see what I can discover. I understand tallbirds are a rare mob, but sometimes it seems stupidly so. Even when I am not doing above said thing, I can barely see any on default. Even just a handful more, like 5, would be nice. I can't help but think the species is critically endangered when I can only find 1 or 2 on a default map.

Excuse me for the double thread but the multi quote doesn't work . WHat do you mean change character speed/godmode?

You play a game with a godmode mod activated? where is the fun in that? it shoud be better to use something created by people,because godmode for me = invincible so it's not funny at all.and change speed I never saw a mod like that. and you can trust me the tallbirds now are kinda very rare.even find 1 or 2 is very rare.For wigfrid you need at least an entire nest(well for me,I iscovered a nest by luck when I was about to die).

In the last updates, Tallbird Nest numbers have been lowered, so they have a chance to not spawn when set to default.

Source: Don't Starve Wiki.

I know 1 or 2 is very bad but you can trust me I had a game with only 1 tallbird ... and the wiki maybe need some updates but I'm sure it doesn't lie this time

Well, if that's so - its bad. If I remember correctly - there was a mod, that introduced Tall Bird life cycle to Don't Starve - in which adult Birds raised small ones and when grown they could actually make new nests. Someone even told me, that this was supposed to be in core game or was going to be added. If they could multiply with time, that would justify their nests being so rare, but now it is rather odd. Why add a mob to the game if you have rather big chance not to encounter it at all?

In all my words Tallbirds didn't spawn, Then I made another world and tallbirds were everywhere...

I kept everything on default.

Are you sure they were everywhere without setting them to More or Lots? If there was only one rocky area with lots of nests, that probably was TallFort setpiece. If not - that sounds like a bug in worldgen.

Are you sure they were everywhere without setting them to More or Lots? If there was only one rocky area with lots of nests, that probably was TallFort setpiece. If not - that sounds like a bug in worldgen.

It must have been a really big setpiece.. I did find one, But tallbirds were spread across the map.

I agree with what you said I was asking the same question to myself.I will really appreciate it that if they add that mod you are talking about.

It's not like they are immortals or something like that,the nest can be destroyed with fire(I think). So if the default setting don't give a change to give at least a nest,well someone need to fix that prolem.A mod to give more chance to spawn them should be great. A world without good meats isn't a good world ...

I agree with what you said I was asking the same question to myself.I will really appreciate it that if they add that mod you are talking about.

It's not like they are immortals or something like that,the nest can be destroyed with fire(I think). So if the default setting don't give a change to give at least a nest,well someone need to fix that prolem.A mod to give more chance to spawn them should be great. A world without good meats isn't a good world ...

This is it.Unfortunately it was not updated when RoG came out. Too bad for us, i guess.

Excuse me for the double thread but the multi quote doesn't work . WHat do you mean change character speed/godmode?

You play a game with a godmode mod activated? where is the fun in that? it shoud be better to use something created by people,because godmode for me = invincible so it's not funny at all.and change speed I never saw a mod like that. and you can trust me the tallbirds now are kinda very rare.even find 1 or 2 is very rare.For wigfrid you need at least an entire nest(well for me,I iscovered a nest by luck when I was about to die).

Err.... I think you misunderstood somewhat. In short, I just sometimes create a map with the sole intention just to look around it. I don't actually play it. Seeing variables in the games design mechanism is intriguing to me. God mode and speedboost can be easily accomplished by console commands. 

Yeah, either you make a new world via Teleportato\New game or you cheat. I never tried spawning something, but this should do it: open console with "`" key and enter:

c_spawn("tallbirdnest", 1)

That should spawn tallbird's nest where your cursor was pointing... Probably.

Yeah, either you make a new world via Teleportato\New game or you cheat. I never tried spawning something, but this should do it: open console with "`" key and enter:

c_spawn("tallbirdnest", 1)

That should spawn tallbird's nest where your cursor was pointing... Probably.

Rather DebugSpawn("tallbirdnest")

I just realised my current world has no tallbirds either, as far as I've seen so far - there's one corner I haven't been yet.  And I always had tallbirds before.

Edit: I take it back, I found a tallbird nest finally.

Does anybody know why they have changed the probability of Tallbirds appearing? I never see them anymore under Default settings, which is not good. And when I set the settings to More, they are pretty much everywhere. Klei, please fix this to the previous state. There should always be a probability of meeting a Tallbird on a map.

Archived