Has anyone else had this happen?

They don't come back; They  eventually will die. If you are near to them when they are going to die, then they will do their warning cry and proceed to attack you.

Be prepare with a life giving amulet.

When they notice you stole the egg, pray to God you live

I've always taken their eggs with no ill effects. O.O

I'm not in spring and nothing happened.... So when you steal eggs they'll peck your brains out?

If you placed walls at the edge of the world would they still be able to jump over them does anybody know? 

Pengulls usually don't attack anything, but if some wall obstructs their way, then they will destroy it.

They are also going to come back to that exact same spot every winter.

No, every Winter is random the place.

Pengulls usually don't attack anything, but if some wall obstructs their way, then they will destroy it.

No, every Winter is random the place.

I've had a world where I survived about 5 winters and Pengulls also came back to their original breeding ground.

I've had a world where I survived about 5 winters and Pengulls also came back to their original breeding ground.

I don't know how many Winters I had survived. I am around day 755 in my current game, and Pengulls had different breeding grounds every Winter.

Archived