I haven't been able to figure out where to post this topic because it deals with two things: one being multiplayer (Yess!) and another being role-play (Yesss!) So my question to you is, what do you think of this idea. 

Multiplayer-role-play-servers in Don't Starve? Would it be to hectic and take away from the story arch? Would everyone be so focused on survival that it would harm the role-play aspect of things? 

I personally think that role-playing in multiplayer would be amazing for so many reasons.

1] Having the ability to visually perceive each character. Most times in a role-play I forget who is what character. If I can see which role-player is Willow and which is Wilson, than it is easier to act on. I don't need to break the feel and say "Hold on, who are you again?"

2] The exploration aspect. Being able to explore the world as a group is very beneficial to the story arch. If someone sees a cave, or a monster, or whatever, than they can thicken the plot with it. When a story is done solely through text, it can often times get confusing and convoluted.

3] The feeling of unity. When I role-play, I like to feel like everyone is participating and adding to the story. In multiplayer, everyone could have jobs and that alone would add to the story. Wilson could say "Willow, go get fire wood, Wolfgang, go collect food, Wes, go get flint." And everyone would work together as a team to achieve the same goal, to survive.

4] Sharing beard hair. I would just adore being able to make greasy beard sweaters for all my buddies. Webber could make everyone gross silky hats.

So, what's your take on this? Would you keep role-playing in the forum, or will you brave the treacherous wilderness and wear a sticky beard sweater?  

Edited by PlusFiveCharisma