How to use the Old Bell properly?

Since Bigfoot takes a while to arrive after you ring the Old Bell, I figured that using the Pan Flute to put my enemy to sleep before ringing the bell would work. However, when I tried this strategy against the Goose/Moose, he woke up when the rumbling started and dodged Bigfoot. I ended up dying. How do you use the Old Bell in fights?

Since Bigfoot takes a while to arrive after you ring the Old Bell, I figured that using the Pan Flute to put my enemy to sleep before ringing the bell would work. However, when I tried this strategy against the Goose/Moose, he woke up when the rumbling started and dodged Bigfoot. I ended up dying. How do you use the Old Bell in fights?

Freeze with ice staff

Use it to cut wood, mine rocks or get rid of enemies spawning static pieces, like mount hounds or killer bees hives. You can also teach Mac Tusk not to follow you.

For bosses it's not reliable, prefer a handful of gunpowder when they're asleep and blow darts to finish them if you don't feel like kiting them.

Freeze with ice staff

Hei, never thought of that! I tried to do Pan flute, old bell, pan flute system but I guess ice staff would be better! So I use pan flute, ice staff, old bell if not mistaken?

nop your right but somes giants are their weaknesses...bearger : ring the bell and drop honey he will walk toward and SMASH!

dragonfly(easier): ring the bell and drop ash (idem but quicker(the boss) so don't do drop and ring he will get angry and kill you before!)

deerclops: a bit harder, make it attack and ring the bell, make it attack second time and he will walk for you and he will get stomped

M/G:when you know she will honk, ring and make her attack etc...

It's just timing and technique but for bearger and dragonfly(harder) it is easy so don't complain!

I never use the pan flute/old bell tech and never has problems...(for M/G never use anything that spear or tools...)

nop your right but somes giants are their weaknesses...bearger : ring the bell and drop honey he will walk toward and SMASH!

dragonfly(easier): ring the bell and drop ash (idem but quicker(the boss) so don't do drop and ring he will get angry and kill you before!)

deerclops: a bit harder, make it attack and ring the bell, make it attack second time and he will walk for you and he will get stomped

M/G:when you know she will honk, ring and make her attack etc...

It's just timing and technique but for bearger and dragonfly(harder) it is easy so don't complain!

I never use the pan flute/old bell tech and never has problems...(for M/G never use anything that spear or tools...)

That's exactly what I do for the bearger and the dragonfly.

You can still lure the deerclops with his weakness: he loves to smash things... =) Make him spawn far from your base and when you see him ring the old bell then build a fire pit or whatever.

You can still use the pan flute with all of them to make sure that they don't move from the place you rang the bell.

That's a lot of fun but I usually end up gunpowdering them...

Archived