What should I make with giants' items?

So in long and short:

I got scales from the dragonfly in my first summer, who glitched and died from one stomp of big foot.

I then got Thick fur from bearger the next season (on my second autumn) who also destroyed a lot of my chests in my base and killed chester AND glommer. He also did some other damage to my base such as destroying crock pots, ice boxes and my shadow manipulator (I already rebuilt everything).

So what should I make out of them? Scale mail or Scaled chest? Hybearnation vest or Insulated pack?

definately the scaled chest for me, dont think i'd ever want to make the scalemail.

For the fur, i personally go for the hibernation vest but i guess the insulated pack has it's uses too, especially for people who already favour backpack over vests. Either way, after 2 bearger kills you'll have no use left for any future thick fur.

definately the scaled chest for me, dont think i'd ever want to make the scalemail.

For the fur, i personally go for the hibernation vest but i guess the insulated pack has it's uses too, especially for people who already favour backpack over vests. Either way, after 2 bearger kills you'll have no use left for any future thick fur.

For Scaled chests, I agree. Scale mail is even more useless when you're playing as Willow. Sinse I'm playing as Wigfrid, with Scalemail I bet I'll be so OP, I could fight ANY giant face to face, no Bigfoot needed or any other help, lol.

Hybearnation vest (it's hybeArnation vest not hybernation vest, and sinse it comes from beArger that's the joke there), I'm not sure about making that first. Thought The Insulated pack could be needed to make more than once, because it might get set on fire, cause I already burnt one backpack thanks to the fire hounds.

So the problems are: Idk where to place the scaled chest, sinse I can make only one but I need a LOT.

And the insulated pack could be useful, but I'm scared I might burn it.

PS. Because I set the Clockworks to More I now have over 200 gears and almost 50 Purple gems: I already built a lot of Ice boxes and ice flingomatics as well as one telelocator focus + telelocator staff. I have set the 3 purple gems on it, so if any giant comes my way, I can easily use the telelocator staff on it and send it STRAIGHT to the big crowd of beefalos, lol!

I'm not sure, but I think, you can't burn insulated pack.

Oh yes you can, mine burnt in the caves when I removed it next to a fire to fight a couple of depth worms.

As for the OP, I would say it depends on your needs.

If you are already running on puffy vest and tam'o'shanter, you don't really need the Hi-bear-nation vest (bear, as in the animal that hibernates, which is somehow similar to the bear-ger, a mix between a bear and a badger, not hibe-Arnation). The insulated pack is mostly useful for cave exploring, where food is harder to get and you can preserve yours longer. If you don't have a decent winter vest, then hibearnation vest is a must, it is also good for cave exploring.

Scale mail will only ''help'' you fight the next dragonfly you encounter. I put ''help'' like this, because his poor damage reduction kinda makes it hard to use it against giants, especially the dragonfly who can't burn. Otherwise, scales chest, always.

Cheers!

Depends on what character your using

Wigfrid.

And I think I'll make the Insulated pack, may be. Hybearnation vest could be tier 4 winter coat but I have tier 3 the puffy vest so I guess that's good enough. And all though the hibearnation vest makes you hungry a bit slower it doesn't really matter sinse I can get a lot of food from voltgoats (which I set to more as well as clockworks) and beefalo, plus I have a lot of food at the base.

Idk yet about the Scales...

fuel for firepit

Please, don't troll.

So I now encountered deerclops and killed him (actually teleported him to the beefalos and made them kill him). I'm pretty sure I should get myself ready for caves and during summer go out and explore and also the ruins, so I could kill the Ancient guardian and get the horn to craft the Houndius shootius together with some thelucite and Deerclops' eye. Any reason why I should rather have the Eyebrella hat all thought I don't need any other equipment than rain coat (which of I have two and can make more), plus I can make more umbrellas and I can easily make and already have one rain hat.

Then for some reason I encountered Goose at the beginning of the Spring (also sent it to the beefalos) and got 3 down festhers. Now I know I need 10 down feathers for Down thermantidote and 15 feathers for the tornado thingy weapon but can you suggest for future what I should build first sinse they're both non-repairable and have certain amount of uses?

Please, don't troll.

So I now encountered deerclops and killed him (actually teleported him to the beefalos and made them kill him). I'm pretty sure I should get myself ready for caves and during summer go out and explore and also the ruins, so I could kill the Ancient guardian and get the horn to craft the Houndius shootius together with some thelucite and Deerclops' eye. Any reason why I should rather have the Eyebrella hat all thought I don't need any other equipment than rain coat (which of I have two and can make more), plus I can make more umbrellas and I can easily make and already have one rain hat.

Then for some reason I encountered Goose at the beginning of the Spring (also sent it to the beefalos) and got 3 down festhers. Now I know I need 10 down feathers for Down thermantidote and 15 feathers for the tornado thingy weapon but can you suggest for future what I should build first sinse they're both non-repairable and have certain amount of uses?

While moslings are pretty annoying to kill, they give you more feathers if you kill them.

Also i think you only need 10 for the Weather Pain.

The eyebrella is awesome for both spring and summer, it protects you from rain, lightning and overheating while taking only one space in the inventory and letting you use a backpack and a walking cane. Most useful item crafted from a boss' loot IMO, but that's up to you.

The amount of giants you're getting is suspicious, to say the least.  I smell a debugspawn.

Anyways, it depends on what character you're playing.  The Dragonfly's loot isn't really worth it as Willow, since the scaled chest is useless and you already have the Scalemail's effect.  Both of the Bearger's loot is good, but I prefer the hibearnation vest.  Eyebrella is excellent, use it.  Never tried any of the Greater Canadian Moosefowl's loot.

The amount of giants you're getting is suspicious, to say the least.  I smell a debugspawn.

I got giants more than 2/3 of the time on the total of my first three RoG games twenty seasons. I have a game where I killed every giant and the Dragonfly twice in two years ingame. That's really not uncommon in my experience.

Oh really? The eyebrella works like a summer frest in summer?! I did not know that, thanks! I MIGHT make ot but only after I've crafter at least one Houndius shootius.

I wouldn't have time to let the Goose lay the egg for mostlings, firstly it spawned near my base (I cannot hear the giants' roars except for the deerclops' when they come!!!), secondly mostlings woild eat all the food in my farms before I can get them, thirdly they all attack at once. I need help on how to deal with those nutters...

And no, I DID NOT debug spawn any giants (I didn't even set them to more, as far as I remember), this is my first time making it over a hundred days without using cheat codes A SINGLE TIME. The first three seasons (first of my Autumn, Winter and Spring) I did not have any giants. Then in my first Summer and the next three seasons I got the giants, surprisingly. I hope I don't get another Goose at the end of Spring sinse I already got one at the beginning. So right now I'm collecting reeds in the swamp for darts, panflutes and stuff (I DID set my mandrakes to more). Once I get out of the swamp, I'll go and explore caves during summer, and may be come near the end of it in case Dragonfly comes (I wanna FIGHT it!) and then during the autumn I'll make a lot of stuff to put next to my Touchstones and build some chests and fire pits so I don't freaking die straight after I resurrect on them, say in Winter. I get lucky cause I also already have 3 life giving amulets. I built one myself and found two by digging graves.

I think the only reason I'm still alive is because I play as Wigfrid and her helmet is SOO OP! I love it! It's easy now with setting some things to more. I can easily get giants to beefalos with my HUGE amount of purple gems (over 40) and I just teleport the giants to them and they die! One or two beefalo die, so I can get some extra meat, wool, possibly beefalo horn and the giant's item/s. So yeah, this is kinda simple, thought I do need to raise my sanity back up every time I use the telelocator staff on the giants (the crap thing about the staff is that it only has 5 uses. I thought it would have like 10 at least! I have left with about 16 living logs so I must be careful, sinse some giants (such as deerclops who already did it once) can destroy my telelocator focus. I am curious if I should use the old bell on that massive amount of beefalo I have there... I've had a lot of trouble getting to make a Bat bat which took me like 10 days so I could craft one finally and still I haven't used it!

If anybody is suspicious about my "perfect world" I can prove to you none of this is a lie!

So in long and short:

I got scales from the dragonfly in my first summer, who glitched and died from one stomp of big foot.

I then got Thick fur from bearger the next season (on my second autumn) who also destroyed a lot of my chests in my base and killed chester AND glommer. He also did some other damage to my base such as destroying crock pots, ice boxes and my shadow manipulator (I already rebuilt everything).

So what should I make out of them? Scale mail or Scaled chest? Hybearnation vest or Insulated pack?

Scaled chest no contest.

I found a Krampus Sack not too long ago. Only thing that gets swapped out for it is armor should the need arise. The only tempting thing, for me anyway, was an insulated pack so I wouldn't have to craft a ham bats as frequently, but then I slapped myself because I rather have 16 slots extra of inventory as opposed to a meager 6.

I wouldn't have time to let the Goose lay the egg for mostlings, firstly it spawned near my base (I cannot hear the giants' roars except for the deerclops' when they come!!!), secondly mostlings woild eat all the food in my farms before I can get them, thirdly they all attack at once. I need help on how to deal with those nutters...

Oh it's easy. Just get it's attention before it starts attacking your structures and then lead it away as it attempts to chase you. M/Moose is a bit slow, so you'll have to wait up for it a bit. The ideal place to lead the G/Goose is to some place where it wont be attacked because if it sits in one place long enough not being attacked it'll lay the egg.

Once it's laid the egg, kill it. M/Moose is pretty simple to beat even with a spear.

The moslings are a bit more difficult. Probably going to want an eyebrella as the thing gives you lightning immunity and because it's Spring. Rains all the time in Spring. The trick is to train the moslings into something that's going to want to kick their butt. Beefalo in heat is a prime example... even killer bees, while not particularly deadly, will distract them, or even tentacles in a swamp can do the trick. A single mosling can easily be soloed, it's just when they gang up on you that things become... interesting.

Oh it's easy. Just get it's attention before it starts attacking your structures and then lead it away as it attempts to chase you. M/Moose is a bit slow, so you'll have to wait up for it a bit. The ideal place to lead the G/Goose is to some place where it wont be attacked because if it sits in one place long enough not being attacked it'll lay the egg.

Once it's laid the egg, kill it. M/Moose is pretty simple to beat even with a spear.

The moslings are a bit more difficult. Probably going to want an eyebrella as the thing gives you lightning immunity and because it's Spring. Rains all the time in Spring. The trick is to train the moslings into something that's going to want to kick their butt. Beefalo in heat is a prime example... even killer bees, while not particularly deadly, will distract them, or even tentacles in a swamp can do the trick. A single mosling can easily be soloed, it's just when they gang up on you that things become... interesting.

Wait, the Eyebrella gives protection from lightning?! Man I have to check that thing on wiki!

Archived