a small idea for multiplayer

Perhaps a skull chest could also be used as a death chest to store the items of players who have died so they don't leave a mess everywhere. Items can't be placed into it, but items can be taken out. Once all the items are taken out the chest disappears in a puff of smoke.

This can be for players who have died but have means of revival such as a meat effigy, touchstone, or amulet so they can easily gather their stuff without mobs/players taking their things depending on the server or if the player's death is permanent, it can be a chest of goodies for other players who happen to find it with the deceased player's skeleton next to the chest.

Perhaps a skull chest could also be used as a death chest to store the items of players who have died so they don't leave a mess everywhere. Items can't be placed into it, but items can be taken out. Once all the items are taken out the chest disappears in a puff of smoke.

This can be for players who have died but have means of revival such as a meat effigy, touchstone, or amulet so they can easily gather their stuff without mobs/players taking their things depending on the server or if the player's death is permanent, it can be a chest of goodies for other players who happen to find it with the deceased player's skeleton next to the chest.

I'd prefer the chaos of items scattering everywhere, being up for grabs by players and animals/monsters alike.

Not sure what the point of these chests are. We already have set pieces that provide plenty of resources, so I don't think this is really necessary. The fun of the game comes from collecting resources yourself, and crafting them into various tools and junk. There are plenty of bone shards to pick in the desert biome as well. I don't think this skull chest is going to make the game more fun.

I don't see the need for the chest either. With two people you're able to bring in roughly twice the resources, you shouldn't need more. Two mouths to feed shouldn't be too big of a deal either.

I should think the developers will be able to balance Multiplayer properly without needing to take the cheap way out and simply handing the players a few things.

Archived