Wormhole/Mandrake blackout

When playing alone and going into a wormhole, the screen blacks out and just gets teleported to the other hole. What if another player is standing right there at the exit, would that player's screen go black too?

As for the Mandrake, when eaten everything goes black and the character wakes up the next day. If eaten in MP, would all the players pass out and wake up the next day? Or will it's effect be different when eaten?

When playing alone and going into a wormhole, the screen blacks out and just gets teleported to the other hole. What if another player is standing right there at the exit, would that player's screen go black too?

I don't think so.

As for the Mandrake, when eaten everything goes black and the character wakes up the next day. If eaten in MP, would all the players pass out and wake up the next day? Or will it's effect be different when eaten?

Players who eat Mandrakes will have their screen blacked out and be unable to interact for the rest of the day or until all of the players go to sleep/black out.

But that's just a quess of mine.

That was quite a quick response...

For the wormhole, maybe there could be a "jumping out of the wormhole" animation, instead of the waking up animation it now uses, the only screen that goes black is the screen of the player entering the wormhole.

As for the mandrakes, wouldn't the KO'ed player be extremely vulnerable too monster attacks if they would sleep the whole time?

As for the mandrakes, wouldn't the KO'ed player be extremely vulnerable too monster attacks if they would sleep the whole time?

By 'unable to interact' I ment to interact actively and passively with anything in the game (being invulnerable).

Wormhole blackout probably only applies to the player using the worm hole, as another player seeing them jump into one would see them jump in and disapear

They'll probably have to be an animation added for people exiting a wormhole though.

Dunno about mandrakes though, it'd be frustrating as heck to be doing something and then just a player somewhere else on the map chops down on one and its nighty night. but I also like that same idea for the same reasons.

My idea for this situation could be that when a player happens to cook/eat a mandrake and ko's themselves as well as nearby players, a friendly player out of range who happens to be passing by can 'revive' them by waking them up, maybe with a certain item or just simple interaction.

A jerk player however can just attack them, blow them up with gunpowder, or just leave them there until they wake up the next day or another player stumbles upon them.

Archived