I can't find Chester

I've been putting my world on huge so he has a better chance of spawning but I've searched the entire map and no eye bone :( I've had 3 worlds and not an eye one in sight. Is it a random spawn? I would like my Chester.

I too had that problem, got to day 400 and still never found him. Had all the map uncovered. I started a new game and then found him. Usually if you don't find him right away he will spawn some place close to your base. When I found him he was next to my base and no he wasn't near a path. He was off in the edge of my base near the water. Good luck, I hope you find him. 

follow paths.

you'll find him, he always spawns, and no he wont magically move to near your base if you dont find him right away, his spawn position is decided when the map is generated.

Obviously on a huge world it will be more difficult to find him since you have a larger area to search.

Having the map uncovered doesnt mean much. I know lots of people travel through the night with torches, in which case more of the map is being uncovered than you've actually seen. It's quite easy to walk straight past him if you're exploring by the light of a torch.

I always find him before even setting up my camp. What i do is travel along roads during the day so that i wont miss him, then when its night time i travel along the coastlines to uncover the map layout.

Not exactly because for me chester did appear near my base, and no he wasnt originally there. I didnt fibd hin right away, and i had been building many things there and one day when I went to get honey he ways there, far away from the roads.

once i create a world with map viewer and nothing in settings to see what's are the specials features created.....he was on the far corner away from me....longest distance possible and no road...it's really hintless.

There are only two types of places to find him: following roads or at the edge of a swamp. If you've uncovered all the roads that means the eyebone is in the swamp: I had this once. I usually find him following the roads but sometimes near a swamp.

I've always found Chester near to a road, but this time I searched the map for ages, followed all the roads with no luck and finally found him near to the Wooden Thing (the area with the Clockwork Monsters), quite a distance from any road or swamp.

I've been putting my world on huge so he has a better chance of spawning but I've searched the entire map and no eye bone :( I've had 3 worlds and not an eye one in sight. Is it a random spawn? I would like my Chester.

You Having Bad Luck

I know the feeling...is it possible that maybe he just never spawned for whatever reason? I mean I had that happen once when I never, ever, never found him...uncovered all my map, I was so heartbroken that I couldn't find him I started over a new game and I was on 400+.....did everything I was told looked near every road.

Sometimes it takes me ages to find Chesty, sometimes, the dang staff is a screen or 2 away.

You could always spawn him if you really want. Sometimes I spawn a lot of Chesters just for companys sake. I like having 4 follow me. XD

Archived