New Canes for Reign of Giants

I was thinking maybe in reign of giants there could be new canes, i have only come up with two (2) so far, but i will edit this if i come up with more:

1st Cane: Blood Cane - Walks 1.3 times faster than a normal walking cane, but Drains 1 Health every 5 seconds. Crafting Recipe: 2 Red Gems, 5 Twigs, and 1 Walrus Tusk, Crafted at a Cane Factory (Below)

2nd Cane: Nightmare Cane - Walks 1.4 times faster than a normal Walking Cane, but drains 1 Sanity every 2 Seconds, crafted with: 1 Purple Gem, 5 Sticks, and 1 Walrus Tusk, crafted at a Cane Factory (Below)

Cane Factory: Makes Special Canes (Blood Cane, etc.), Crafted with 4 Cut Stone, 3 Nightmare Fuel, and 5 Papyrus.

(I can't get pics, sorry)

BUT I can give you a description of what they look like:

Blood cane - has a dark red splotch on the bottom of the stick part, and the gold part is bright red,

same with Nightmare Cane, but with Purple.

Cane Factory - Use your imagination.

EDIT: Sugar Cane - faster but degrades over time

Candy Cane - not as fast as normal cane but provides sanity over time.

Kane - living cane that talks to you like Lucy, but only seems interested in global domination.

It doesn't seem necessary to make a new crafting station. It would make more sense if both items were unlocked by the shadow manipulator.

Yeah, i was thinking that, but think about it: every other thing has its OWN crafting station (Prestihatitator - Magic/Shadow Manipulator - Wands) Do these canes really fit into any of these?

Sugar Cane - faster but degrades over time

Candy Cane - not as fast as normal cane but provides sanity over time.

Kane - living cane that talks to you like Lucy, but only seems interested in global domination.

That's a really good idea!

Could I use these ideas?

i just clicked on your dont starve lets plays button. i Subscribed to you like a month ago XD

This would be very interesting. A Machiavellian cane.

I was thinking maybe in reign of giants there could be new canes, i have only come up with two (2) so far, but i will edit this if i come up with more:

1st Cane: Blood Cane - Walks 1.3 times faster than a normal walking cane, but Drains 1 Health every 5 seconds. Crafting Recipe: 2 Red Gems, 5 Twigs, and 1 Walrus Tusk, Crafted at a Cane Factory (Below)

2nd Cane: Nightmare Cane - Walks 1.4 times faster than a normal Walking Cane, but drains 1 Sanity every 2 Seconds, crafted with: 1 Purple Gem, 5 Sticks, and 1 Walrus Tusk, crafted at a Cane Factory (Below)

Cane Factory: Makes Special Canes (Blood Cane, etc.), Crafted with 4 Cut Stone, 3 Nightmare Fuel, and 5 Papyrus.

I think that these canes would be quite underpowered. They are very expensive to craft, they even need their own crafting station and even worse, they drain your health/sanity and give you almost nothing back. I think this may be useful for players who want to play extra hard mode, but not for ordinary players.

I wouldn't say they give "almost nothing back"; honestly, my thought was that they're OP. The HP/Sanity drain is pretty heavy, but if you have a stock of honey poultice or don't care that much about sanity (it's pretty easy to fix it later) it's not much of a deal. Granted you can't use them all the time, but "1.4x faster than a walking cane" is like 160% walking speed. If nothing else, it lets you -easily- outrun everything in the game. The walking cane itself is already incredibly powerful; getting one near the start of adventure mode makes everything vastly easier, for example. Ruins are also vastly easier with one, etc. With a Super Walking Cane you wouldn't even care about monsters, you'd be able to run past all of them without taking any hits and even fast monsters would get left behind offscreen easily. If you only put it on when monsters were near, the drain wouldn't even be that bad.

Anyway it'd be kind of overkill to make a special station just for these. But they're already overkill themselves anyway, so. Just adding on big drains doesn't really make the effect less incredibly strong; once you can handle the drain, you get an absurd boost whose downsides are handleable and worth it.

I wouldn't say they give "almost nothing back"; honestly, my thought was that they're OP. The HP/Sanity drain is pretty heavy, but if you have a stock of honey poultice or don't care that much about sanity (it's pretty easy to fix it later) it's not much of a deal. Granted you can't use them all the time, but "1.4x faster than a walking cane" is like 160% walking speed. If nothing else, it lets you -easily- outrun everything in the game. The walking cane itself is already incredibly powerful; getting one near the start of adventure mode makes everything vastly easier, for example. Ruins are also vastly easier with one, etc. With a Super Walking Cane you wouldn't even care about monsters, you'd be able to run past all of them without taking any hits and even fast monsters would get left behind offscreen easily. If you only put it on when monsters were near, the drain wouldn't even be that bad.

Anyway it'd be kind of overkill to make a special station just for these. But they're already overkill themselves anyway, so. Just adding on big drains doesn't really make the effect less incredibly strong; once you can handle the drain, you get an absurd boost whose downsides are handleable and worth it.

I got this idea because of a skeleton that ACTUALLY HAD a walking cane right were my base setup was. I got a walking cane on day 1.

Archived