Wolfram [a work in progress]

saturn333

Hello all you talented and attractive modders, Here is the character I wish I could play...

Wolfram the Aristocrat - "What has my brother gotten himself into this time?"

EWb994D.png?1

Appearance/Sound - Wolfgang-like head on Wilson-like body with Wolfgang's voice and dialogue. (I would like to do his dialogue myself at a later time)

Wolfram has lived a life of privileged adventure.  He is more capable than the average person.

Hunger - 200 --- Wolfram hates spoiled food (similar to Wickerbottom)

Sanity - 200

Health - 200

Wolfram is a practiced fencer and boxer, but has never been in a real fight.

Damage scales dependent on his Sanity.  Bonus 50% damage when at 200 Sanity, normal damage at 100 Sanity and then a 25% penalty when at 50 Sanity or less.

Wolfram was a track athlete at University, but has never had to carry his own bags.

Movement Speed 12.5% faster when not carrying anything in his hands or wearing a backpack type item.

Movement Speed normal if carrying an item /or/ wearing a backpack type item

Movement Speed 12.5% slower when carrying an item /and/ wearing a backpack

(item specific bonuses and penalties still apply)

Wolfram is an Academic favoring logical thought and process.  Magic makes his head hurt.

Nightmare Fuel on the ground -5/Sanity per minute in a diminishing radius (similar to evil flowers?)

-5 sanity per minute while Nightmare Fuel is on his person (no matter the size of stack)

Wolfram never learns any Magic tab recipes.  He must always use the machines when crafting in the Magic tab.

:wilson_goodjob:

An evening or two for the coding. The art could take a while to do though.

Really!  Now I am surprised.  I would have thought swapping Wilson's head with Wolfgang's would have been the easiest and quickest part of making this character.

Well you have to paint 3 heads, and 13 faces :grin:

Ah, I see.  I thought it would just be a matter of cutting and pasting Wolfgang's head onto Wilson's body.

This is really helpful information.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Ah, I see.  I thought it would just be a matter of cutting and pasting Wolfgang's head onto Wilson's body.

This is really helpful information.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Nah everything thats animated needs a little more work, but its not like SUPER hard to do :D hope you get a nice and fitting face for your chara :) 

I have tried following one of the tutorials on the forums here and was overwhelmed.  I spent an hour watching Lua tutorials online and became increasingly disheartened.  I'm afraid I just do not have the time available to learn how to do this for myself.  The free time I have for Don't Starve I want to spend in the game.

If someone is interested and able to make this character I'd be happy to compensate you with a game on Steam, points on DeviantArt, an Amazon gift card or Paypal.

Feel free to reply here or message me privately to work out the details.   :wilson_goodjob:

An evening or two for the coding. The art could take a while to do though.

would you really do the coding :)? I probably could do the art but only if I m sure someone would do the technical stuff. @saturn333 if you like you could send some "reference", but i kinda have a face in mind for your chara :D 

http://imgur.com/EWb994D

EWb994Dl.png?1

Originally I would have settled for a palette swap of Wolfgang's head on Wilson's body, but this is closer to what I would really want.

I want Wolfram to look very much like Wolfgang.  I narrowed Wolfgang's jawline and reduced the upturned line on his chin and gave him a cool soul patch. I slimmed down the muscles in his arms, gave him a purple vest white shirt and brown pants.

If you want to do the art, sure. I assume you'll do the quotes @saturn333?

I will need to teach myself how to do the quotes.  I very much want to be the one to do them.  I've already written down a couple dozen as notes for myself and have started looking at the quote tutorial that I found in the forums.

http://imgur.com/EWb994D

EWb994Dl.png?1

Originally I would have settled for a palette swap of Wolfgang's head on Wilson's body, but this is closer to what I would really want.

I want Wolfram to look very much like Wolfgang.  I narrowed Wolfgang's jawline and reduced the upturned line on his chin and gave him a cool soul patch. I slimmed down the muscles in his arms, gave him a purple vest white shirt and brown pants.

OH!! sometimes I just loose the ability to read properly :D Alright!

Hopefully it being a Wolfgang reskin will make it easier for you!

I've done most of the quotes.  I have about half the RoG content to go through still.

Yupp I ll have it tomorrow with a nice vest :-)

Btw will you release the mod or keep it to yourself :D? Not that it matters to me I was just wondering :)

You'd make art for someone else's personal mod?!

why not, its not like the chara looks like him like mr tiddles personal mod :D thats something people should do for themselves I guess. Also I get a reward :D U practically asked me if I would ever make a job :D 

why not, its not like the chara looks like him like mr tiddles personal mod :grin: thats something people should do for themselves I guess. Also I get a reward :grin: U practically asked me if I would ever make a job :grin:

I'm not criticizing, I'm just surprised. That's incredibly selfless :razz:.

Yupp I ll have it tomorrow with a nice vest :-)

Btw will you release the mod or keep it to yourself :grin:? Not that it matters to me I was just wondering :-)

I would post it up on Steam with full credit to both of you and links to your personal pages here or links to your Steam accounts if you have them.

He looks cool :-) one suggestion: what do you think of him having greyish hair? It would help distinguish him from wolfgang at a glance

Only on the sides would be fine :D the whole hair would make him really old i guess

Archived