Darker Magic

More Magic?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wish to explore deeper into the darkness?

Something that I love about Don't Starve is the fact that the magic in the game functions on darkness and nightmares.  Which makes me want to see even deeper into darkness so to speak.  With Don't Starve Together coming out these features could be added if not to the update maybe to a future dlc.  Anyway I just want to throw my 2 cents in.

Yes, in the caves or ruins (or even deeper), there should be things that shouldn't be disturbed.

There should big pounds(lakes) yet passable through that inhabits unimaginable creatures.

There should be more set pieces that belongs to ancient people that lived there long time ago who are 10 feet long with blueprints of their ineffable magic.

What about a dream tier? Like if you choose to sleep say in a tent or sleeping roll etc..maybe there can be a dream tier where certain magic and abilities are granted during this sleeping period, like night travel or messing with the sleeping patterns of mobs or monsters so you can then get an advantage against them the next day? Sure it will drain the crap out of your sanity I am sure and maybe sleep...but imagine what you can do if you can leave your body and make valuable use of the night XD

This all seems pretty vague to me. I mean, darker magic is all well and good, but what exactly would that entail?

• More crafting?
  • In-game rituals and occult structures?
  • A new character?

A new tier of crafting, some new items, maybe even new hallucinations/shadow beasts.

I've always wanted something a little unfocused with dark magic. Things with possible results good and bad. It's why I like how there's some crock pot recipes that can yield multiple foods (cookies/taffy) and would sometimes just be rot.

Archived