No server death messages please.

Or how about this for an idea;

The Telegraph Backpack

Samuel Morse eat your heart out!

You have two telegraphs, one at home base and one you carry on a spool on your back. Every time you walk; a coloured cable trails behind you so you can keep in contact with home base. However, at some distance the signal gets weaker and garbled hence you have to build a lightning rod near the cable to keep the system powered.

You can only have 4 lines at any one time and you need to 'erect' your telegraph from your back to use and 'pack-up' to keep walking with in.

The cable will only be small as to not be a too big visual distraction on the map. Also the cable will only unravel if you move in a consistent direction; you can't walk in a constant circle to unravel it.

Thoughts?

Guys I don't think you mentioned a classic (unless I'm blind, which is possible): The note in a bottle, give at least a half decent use for those oceans!

So it's the same mechanic as the tingle bottle from LOZ:WW HD? I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't play well with the game. It may be a pleasant surprise at first, but it gets old very quickly.

So it's the same mechanic as the tingle bottle from LOZ:WW HD? I'm sorry to say, but it doesn't play well with the game. It may be a pleasant surprise at first, but it gets old very quickly.

Not gonna disagree, just thought I'd mention it.

Or how about this for an idea;

The Telegraph Backpack

Samuel Morse eat your heart out!

You have two telegraphs, one at home base and one you carry on a spool on your back. Every time you walk; a coloured cable trails behind you so you can keep in contact with home base. However, at some distance the signal gets weaker and garbled hence you have to build a lightning rod near the cable to keep the system powered.

You can only have 4 lines at any one time and you need to 'erect' your telegraph from your back to use and 'pack-up' to keep walking with in.

The cable will only be small as to not be a too big visual distraction on the map. Also the cable will only unravel if you move in a consistent direction; you can't walk in a constant circle to unravel it.

Thoughts?

Sounds good. Although one problem, would the string get tangled when the player pass over trees and rocks and stuff? If it goes through, it would look pretty bad.

Archived