How Often do Giants Appear?

I've made it through 3 seasons, autumn, winter, and spring, all on one save and haven't seen one giant yet. I haven't changed any of the world settings except for set pieces. When did your first giant appear, and is there any percentage per season or something?

I think it's pretty random. You could live a year without seeing one or have one every season (on default settings), but I don't know the probability. It might be written somewhere in the files.

When I put them on lots, I had my first one on day 3 and the third one already on day 12 or 13, so 3 in a season. In a Youtube video I've even seen 3 spawning at the same time.

I've made it through 3 seasons, autumn, winter, and spring, all on one save and haven't seen one giant yet. I haven't changed any of the world settings except for set pieces. When did your first giant appear, and is there any percentage per season or something?

I got giants 4 seasons in a row on default, not complaining in the least. Anyone else think the Moose/Goose loot sucks? I didn't even get enough feathers to make something, and even if i did all of the things you can make with it suck. I would rather some sort of higher tier sleeping roll that you could make from the feathers, that'd be really cool.

I got a giant 4 seasons in a row on default, not complaining in the least. Anyone else think the Moose/Goose loot sucks? I didn't even get enough feathers to make something, and even if i did all of the things you can make with it suck. I would rather some sort of higher tier sleeping roll that you could make from the feathers, that'd be really cool.

If you let the Goose nest before killing it, the moslings will provide enough feathers to make everything.

I haven't experimented yet with the items enough to know whether or not they suck, though.

What about if you set the giants to more? Do they:

Spawn two of them during one season?

Giants spawn out of their seasons or not?

More just increases the chances of them spawning, not 100% though. If you put them on lots, it's pretty much guaranteed and any of them can spawn in any season, sometimes multiple at once.

More just increases the chances of them spawning, not 100% though. If you put them on lots, it's pretty much guaranteed and any of them can spawn in any season, sometimes multiple at once.

So you can't get two deerclopses spawning in winter? Well in vannilla it would do that if you set deerclops to more.

Archived