Rebalancing Characters

Lately, most people that agree with multiplayer think that mobs and bosses' max health should have a multiplyer, based on the amount of players online. Something like 2,5x health for a Deerclops in exchange for three more players in a world? More hounds in exchange for hilarious moments with my friends? That seems like a fine trade for me.

But I have realized that if you manage to have four players, and each one of them choose a different character, you can have all the good perks, really. This is what I call the "perfect team". Player nº1 would choose Webber, 2º would choose WX-78, 3º would choose Woodie, and 4º can choose between Maxwell(kinda like a boost in the start), Wickerbottom, or, maybe Wes for the fun of it(just imagine, everybody doing stuff and Wes, "telling" them what to do)

And then you ask, why would they do that? Because, let's be serious, the other characters are useless. There are too many mouths to feed, so Wolfgang buff is unreachable. Wilson is Wilson. Willow, never really liked her, since fire protection is only usefull against the Dragonfly. And lighting your friends on fire will probably get them mad at you. Wendy's Abigail was for me just a way to get that loneliness out of my chest, and now, well.....you get it. And Wigfrid pretty much has the same problem as Wolfgang.

Don't get me worng, I only play as Wilson in the normal+DLC game, so nothing to complain about, I just think that some character reballancing should be done for multiplayer, or even for the singleplayer as well.

the other characters are useless.

Nah, you just don't appreciate them. That's OK if you don't, but just keep in mind that each player in the community here has their likes and dislikes and personal preference. Right off the bat I recall an amazing player (who no longer visits these forums) who loves Wolfgang no matter what, and dominates his world on each play-through. I personally don't like Woodie, I feel like his perks are only benefits for the first year, and after that he becomes monotonous.

Agreed that characters will need to be balanced, and character perks will need to be kept in mind during the development of MP. I can't really speculate how the balance should occur at this point though, without knowing the direction Klei will be going with MP. I mean, this was just announced yesterday... we, and probably even they, don't know yet if all players will have to choose unique characters or can double-up.

It'd be nice if Wilson got a little extra something.

I sort of agree that Willow can be more trouble than she's worth considering how prone she is to starting fires at low sanity.

Wendy I think is fair.

Wickerbottom, is pretty fair.

Wes is obviously Wes, and kind of like Dan in Street Fighter, you know what you're getting yourself into if you choose him.

Wx-78 probably needs his starting stats somewhat buffed and his ending stats heavily nerfed.

Woodie is fine.

Webber might be a little more trouble than he's worth considering many of the neutral mobs that players go to for help are hostile to him and his favored mob for help is hostile to all other players.

Wolfgang seems pretty fine to me. Even if food is an issue, which I doubt it would be, he doesn't have to go into his super form.

Wigfrid's ability to heal stats up might need a bit of a nerf now that she has player supported help.

Maxwell's health might be a little too low... maybe. Possibly trade some of his sanity regen for a bigger health pool to make him not quite so frail?

Hush, wilson is designed to be a pretty much perk only character the downside being he doesnt get a super perk like the other characters. I personally play as wilson all the time because I love the guy, his beard is required for my winter survival (With the added bonus of hair after the winter ends) The only character I feel needs a buff is Willow she needs her random fire starting to be at a lower sanity level or give some warning before she fires (hehe) one off "It's driving me CRAZY!"

I personally feel characters should be left as is, multiplayer in general will be so hopeless/beautifully broken that a player perk here or there really won't measure up to say; stun locking the Deerclops with fire staves, death abuse through relogging, panic rooms with players cycling between who's at the door, stunlocking depthworms, someone stealing the last hit from Wigfrid preventing her heal, stunlocking the stunlocking (don't starve combat nutshell), trapping others in stone walls, and millions of other things that I can't think of right now.

On a side note, Webber brings up an old thread on "webber's spiders shouldn't attack chester or gloomer" and I believe it ended with someone commenting, if you want to play with gloomer, don't invite a spider army into the middle of your base when you know they aren't the best of friends.

Sorry, forgot to add it to the previous post. If I was concerned with tier lists, I would go play a fighting game but I play don't starve for the hilarious personalities. As a testament to this fact, It's the whole reason I adore wolfgang after thinking I would hate his play style for so long. I now play him second, only to Wendy.

Wilson

More beard hair per shave, he needs enough to go around

Willow

Larger Lighter, enough to fit 3 other people assuming they're huddled around her with no clipping

Wolfgang

Requires slightly less food to power up. Though, I can see this one as unnecessary. Just having a beef tank on your team in sacrifice of some food would be good.

Wendy

Abigail follows whoever happens to be holding the flower, as she would assume that giving the flower to whomever has it to be "What Wendy wants"

WX-78

Not that many gears are required to level up, like 8 would be max, and the max would be smaller. For god's sake you have 1-3 other people. How high do your stats need to be?

Wickerbottom

Healing Book.

2 papyrus

2 spider glands

2 Mosquito sacks

3 Honey

5 uses

Makes a book with an AoE (or click on another player) healing thing that either heals for 100 instantly or overtime.

Woodie

Not sure what could go here. Maybe buff the Werebeaver so he's more helpful late-game so Woodie doesn't just turn into another mouth to feed? This could also help for gaining battle-related resources while wasting less materials for armor and weapons.

Wes

Wes op pls nrf

Maxwell

Anyone who tries to use his book just gets struck with lighting followed be Maxwell saying (if he is near) "Don't touch that!"

Otherwise, I can't think of anything.

Wigfrid

I guess she's alright in her position of "warrior woman". She can handle early-game fighting related resources. My only concern is her not having enough meat. Other players would have to ration themselves so she can eat the meat.

Webber

Spiders won't do **** unless he tells them to. All spider dens made by him will result in neutral spiders that DON'T ATTACK MY CHESTER. A friend of one spider is a friend of many spiders.

I also think that more than one eyebone should spawn. Or maybe an eyebone could be made of the Deerclops eyeball, some twigs, and some bone shards? This would mean that none spawn naturally.

I wonder why everyone says Wigfrid's hunger would be a detriment to the team. Yes she can only eat meat but that would be why you would set up near a pig village and hunt them down. If that is not where you want to set up indefinately stay there for long enough to get supplies to make 2 pig houses and start a village somewhere else. I see her as a bit harder of a team mate early on but once you have it set up meat is easy to get. I see her as the one in a team who is sent to kill spider dens and collect much needed supplies early on. 

Wendy

Abigail follows whoever happens to be holding the flower, as she would assume that giving the flower to whomever has it to be "What Wendy wants"

Wickerbottom

Healing Book.

2 papyrus

2 spider glands

2 Mosquito sacks

3 Honey

5 uses

Makes a book with an AoE (or click on another player) healing thing that either heals for 100 instantly or overtime.

Wickerbottom

Great suggestions, I love the concept of wicker bottom's healing book but may I suggest drop the spider glands and add more mosquito sacks? mosquito sacks currently have 2 uses in the game, 8 hp heal and ash.

Tricky slope with AoE vs single target, single target allows it to heal for higher yet AoE should have a net total equal to 1.5 of the suggested single target. (e.g. single target heals for 100 hp allies heal for 50hp)

Honestly, it's a solid concept and it's yours and I really love it regardless of how it's introduced. good luck :D

Wendy

Abigail absorbs the flower on summon and is a Wendy specific perk. It's similar to letting others share Woodie axe that cuts down trees faster which feels unique only to Woodie the lumberjack.

Archived