Hailstorm and Tornadoes

Since it now rain frogs not only in adventure mode, why don't we add more stuff similar to that?

Hailstorm

-Occurs during Spring and Winter.

-Causes damage to you and your things.

-May destroy some structures on base such as chests, science machine, etc.

-Kills your crops

Tornadoes

-Occurs during Autumn and Summer.

-During Summer, it causes intense heating up. May burn trees and your base.

-During Winter, the tornado carries leaves with it. Cause damage to you if you get hit. Damages base

and destroys crops. Pulls out the berry bushes, grass and twigs you planted near your base.

Stop thinking too hard. This makes all the season harder to survive without things falling apart every ten seconds. I'm pretty sure no one would like that.

It just happens once in a while, it would be great,  :glee:

It just happens once in a while, it would be great,  :glee:

I know but destroying your base? We already have to deal with summer heat, giants, fire, hound attacks, winter, frog rain and you want to put in storms that destroy bases? That makes the game completely impossible.

I can't say that i can see anything interesting, game changing or fun from that.

It just seems like destroying your structures cus why not?

I agree it's like saying: "Hello, I'm going wreck your base because I have no other purpose but to be a pain in your backside so you have to make most of your things again." Which is just pointless.

I know but destroying your base? We already have to deal with summer heat, giants, fire, hound attacks, winter, frog rain and you want to put in storms that destroy bases? That makes the game completely impossible.

Well...  :eek-new: you do have a point, -.- but what if the storms gave out something after destroying some other things... like.. the hailstorm could be another way for use to collect ice and the tornado... could drop some loot? :/

I think it would be neat in Adventure Mode, but too harsh in normal sandbox. A boss with a ranged tornado attack (like the new weapon) instead of the standard melee swipe would be cool though. 

true, it would be really cool and it would make them harder to kill... 

only if there's a counter(and maybe even rewards)

Absolutely, you could build an item that protects you from each and yes, it would be cool if those storms gave out rewards as well

Absolutely, you could build an item that protects you from each and yes, it would be cool if those storms gave out rewards as well

Maybe animals could be weakened and killed? It would add a nice surprise of finding random loot from an unlucky critter.

Well...  :eek-new: you do have a point, -.- but what if the storms gave out something after destroying some other things... like.. the hailstorm could be another way for use to collect ice and the tornado... could drop some loot? :/

true, it would be really cool and it would make them harder to kill... 

Still, destroying your base and everything you love around you. Sounds like something Lord_Batall would like.

Still, destroying your base and everything you love around you. Sounds like something Lord_Batall would like.

well.. about the destroying your base and everything you love part, I thought about it due to a lot of feedback saying after day (insert 100+ here) the game gets easy and you get comfy, so why not destroy your base and start anew? o.o

Maybe animals could be weakened and killed? It would add a nice surprise of finding random loot from an unlucky critter.

Yes! That would be great! XD and maybe the trees and rocks as well, meaning you need less hits to collect things from them,XD

How about a summer hailstorm? Happens all the time here. You'd get a some ice to restock your supplies, but you could be hurt by the falling hailstones just like a quake in the caves. I wouldn't suggest possible base destruction though.

Summer hailstorm sounds good, :D I wasn't really suggesting total destruction, I was thinking that it would just cause damage to your base, meaning during the first hailstorm it won't get destroyed, maybe during the third or fourth,it will ,XD 

well.. about the destroying your base and everything you love part, I thought about it due to a lot of feedback saying after day (insert 100+ here) the game gets easy and you get comfy, so why not destroy your base and start anew? o.o

As J20hawkz said, Wargs should be part of hound attacks, which makes more sense to me than a tornado on day 100+ wrecking your base.

As J20hawkz said, Wargs should be part of hound attacks, which makes more sense to me than a tornado on day 100+ wrecking your base.

I hailstorm makes a bit of sense though and it doesn't have to annihilate your base immediately on the first hailstorm...

Archived