Things you think that shouldn't be in the DLC only

I think people who didn't buy the $4 DLC have their reasons to want the game to stay as it i.. let them ask for what they want ?

I am totally with you.

RoG is no EA fullprice addon. But it has so much cool content (see and learn EA!)

If someone want it he just can buy it :o)

I definitely think that nothing od the DLC should be part of the Vanilla game. It's a DLC, it has to add stuff that is not in the Vanilla game, otherwise it wouldn't be much of a DLC.

Considering I have paid much more for games I have played much less, I would totally pay 4$ (or more) for other DLCs if there are more in the future. I will always be satisfied if the DLCs add as much stuff as this one. Seriously, as much as I enjoyed Vanilla Don't Starve in the past, I would find it hard to play it again, now that I tasted what RoG has to offer (and it's not even officially released yet).

It's $4. Minimum wage is usually $7.00-$8.00 per hour. They're putting so much effort in that it seems like it should be something Activision puts out for a Call of Duty game (which is surprising).

I can't think anything off the top of my head that could be added to vanilla from the DLC. However I will say the DLC itself has made Don't Starve feel like a complete experience even more so then it did with vanilla.

As for people complaining about the DLC content being released for a measly sum of $4 (to eventually $5); they told everyone there would be 6 months of free content when Don't Starve came out of beta. They kept that promise and delivered. After which they said that the DLC would be in development for some small amount of money. Considering what EA, Activation/Blizzard, Ubisoft, 2K games, Microsoft, Sony, and other big production companies charges for their “added content” it makes me grateful that Klei is honest about the content they deliver.

Not to mention the quality of thier products and the feedback they take from the community at large. Plus they open up the game to mods with software tools they especially made for the community. Which is something minecraft and terraria still have not done on their own, without a third party portion of the community to fill in that gap.

It's $4. Minimum wage is usually $7.00-$8.00 per hour. They're putting so much effort in that it seems like it should be something Activision puts out for a Call of Duty game (which is surprising).

This is the Internet, not America or whichever state this pertains to. Where I live, minimum wage is $14.20 USD, and the cost of living is about the same. If you've ever lived on minimum wage, it sucks.

I'm sure Klei is depending on a small team and many sales to carry their wages. Either way though, we're talking $3-5 USD for the expansion pack. I've never been so happy in my life with where my 5 bucks has gone (besides discount meals).  

This is the Internet, not America or whichever state this pertains to. Where I live, minimum wage is $14.20 USD, and the cost of living is about the same. If you've ever lived on minimum wage, it sucks.

I'm sure Klei is depending on a small team and many sales to carry their wages. Either way though, we're talking $3-5 USD for the expansion pack. I've never been so happy in my life with where my 5 bucks has gone (besides discount meals).  

Yeah Klei is based in Canada

Archived