Overabundance of a high tier material - Living Log

It started as a medium-hard-to-find item as it was only dropped by the Treeguards back n the day. The situation got changed after the addition of the Prestihatitator. I remember that people were complaining on the forum about not finding a single guardian in 60 days. Their spawn rate was decreased probably to prevent Woodie from animating the whole forest in a matter of minutes. The chance of getting Living Logs raised again after the introduction of Totally Normal Trees. Now we have access to Angry Birchnut Trees and this material has never been easier to get. In my honest opinion It's too accessible for a skilled players and it shouldn't be as it's the requirement for the most powerful craftable weapons in the game as well as the highest tech building and end-game utility items.

It started as a medium-hard-to-find item as it was only dropped by the Treeguards back n the day. The situation got changed after the addition of the Prestihatitator. I remember that people were complaining on the forum about not finding a single guardian in 60 days. Their spawn rate was decreased probably to prevent Woodie from animating the whole forest in a matter of minutes. The chance of getting Living Logs raised again after the introduction of Totally Normal Trees. Now we have access to Angry Birchnut Trees and this material has never been easier to get. In my honest opinion It's too accessible for a skilled players and it shouldn't be as it's the requirement for the most powerful craftable weapons in the game as well as the highest tech building and end-game utility items.

It's fine how it is it's not used in a lot of items and most of those items need to have ruin related things plus you have to chop it down or burn

It not giving you living logs

I agree with the fact that they get overly abundant late game. I even find myself using them as fuel most of the time =\

One could say the same for nightmare fuel. Flowers spread quite a lot during spring (+ they can be planted from butterflies) and turn into evil flowers during full moons, allowing for easy refinement into nightmare fuel. You just need to have an efficient sanity restoration method and you won't ever need to catch beardlings or go down in the caves/ruins for nightmare fuel.

Touching fire would cause it to scream and hurt you, even when you step away.

Getting it wet would cause it to grow and regenerate... but if it gets too high, it smothers you and you die.

That could actually be quite interesting, especially with Spring and Summer back-to-back.

Archived