Freezing in summer

is it a bug that carrying a cold thermal stone in summer actually makes you freeze? seems very counter intuitive to me.. actually theres quite a bit in this new dlc that is counter inutitive -- like crock pots being ignited by summer heat for another example...

Yes, it's a bug. I thought it was fixed in the last update.

Did you get the DLC from Steam or did you get it before it was released on Steam?

If before, did you update it to the most recent update? If that's not the case, then that's probably your problem.

I got it from humble before it was available on steam, but i'm up to date. It updates automatically afaik, next update in 9 days it says. I have Webber anyway, think that was the most recent update.

Yes, it's a bug. I thought it was fixed in the last update.

Did you get the DLC from Steam or did you get it before it was released on Steam?

If before, did you update it to the most recent update? If that's not the case, then that's probably your problem.

I have to say I think this is right. The most resent hot-fix was not working for me. Seth R explained to me how to fix my issue in the hot-fix thread. It might be worth checking it out if anybody is having issues that were supposed to have been fixed. Can't confirm the thermal-stone thing though as it is no longer summer in my game.

Thanks norman, i read through the thread and can confirm im up to date (Rev 99241)

i guess this is the fix we thought addresses the problem...

• Fixed thermal stone behaving improperly after cooling in an ice box. Could not reproduce other bugs reported with thermal stone after making this fix.

But it's definately still insta-freezing me in summer... P'raps i should post in the bugs section.

I think I found the problem, guys.

In heatrock.lua:

if mintemp and inst.components.temperature then
--inst.components.temperature.mintemp = mintemp
end

If that weren't commented out, then the thermal stone would only be able to reach a temperature of zero outside of winter. I confirmed this by editing the code and creating a test setup with the console.

I think I found the problem, guys.

In heatrock.lua:

if mintemp and inst.components.temperature then
--inst.components.temperature.mintemp = mintemp
end

If that weren't commented out, then the thermal stone would only be able to reach a temperature of zero outside of winter. I confirmed this by editing the code and creating a test setup with the console.

That might aswell be greek to me, but i'll take your word for it :)

theres a thread about this in bug reports section which SethR has been active on, so i hope you dont mind but i'm gonna quote your post in that thread

Archived