Okay, so first off, Birchnuts. These things are SO overpowered, that In my DS worlds, I burn them on sight and will not make a base in their forests. I suggest making those Birchnuts "treeguards" less OP, maybe make them a bit rarer, because they are very dangerous, and spawn extremely easily.

-So here's the next idea; a Autumn hound! This hound will drop a orange/yellow gem rarely, and will look like a hound, but with red, orange, and yellow color swirls in it, like the ground in the Autumn forests.

These are my ideas, thank you for reading .-.

Okay, so first off, Birchnuts. These things are SO overpowered, that In my DS worlds, I burn them on sight and will not make a base in their forests. I suggest making those Birchnuts "treeguards" less OP, maybe make them a bit rarer, because they are very dangerous, and spawn extremely easily.

-So here's the next idea; a Autumn hound! This hound will drop a orange/yellow gem rarely, and will look like a hound, but with red, orange, and yellow color swirls in it, like the ground in the Autumn forests.

These are my ideas, thank you for reading .-.

Birchnut guards hell no. Man am I tired of hearing how "tough" these guys are. THEY CAN'T MOVE!!

Autumn hounds/fox/badger hell yeah. I am always up for more creatures.

Birchnut guards hell no. Man am I tired of hearing how "tough" these guys are. THEY CAN'T MOVE!!

right

Yes, they can't move, but look at people with no armor trying to kill all the stupid little Birchnuts.

leave

I don't mean them themselves are over powered, I mean how common they are, so it comes out to be like 5 of them all constantly creating Birchnutters, and trapping you with the roots..

I don't mean them themselves are over powered, I mean how common they are, so it comes out to be like 5 of them all constantly creating Birchnutters, and trapping you with the roots..

I suppose, but in the state the game is in, you just run away from the trees, literally. Come back to find them neutral, so it worries me people having such a tough time with them since Klei will most likely fix their aggressive-passive nature soon.

Also, most threads want their spawn rate reduced to %1 - %5 in which case they would need a huge buff.

I suppose, but in the state the game is in, you just run away from the trees, literally. Come back to find them neutral, so it worries me people having such a tough time with them since Klei will most likely fix their aggressive-passive nature soon.

Also, most threads want their spawn rate reduced to %1 - %5 in which case they would need a huge buff.

I just burn them, they aren't much of a threat when you have good stuff, I'm talking about with no armor, and just an axe, and you chop ONE Birchnuts and there are like 5 "guards" all making Birchnutters chase you.

I just burn them, they aren't much of a threat when you have good stuff, I'm talking about with no armor, and just an axe, and you chop ONE Birchnuts and there are like 5 "guards" all making Birchnutters chase you.

Ya, I mostly use birches for my early game charcoal stocks.  And then plant pine trees in the empty space.  But honestly, isn't spawning them and having no armor kind of a newb mistake?  In the same way that being caught in the autumn biome at night by a campfire with no wood is sort of either a newb mistake or very bad luck?  And if we're honest this game does like to punish bad luck and lack of preparation.    I sort of feel like their mass spawning makes the autumn biome a little less attractive as a base than it was pre-guard. 

I'm kind of holding off judgement to see if klei is going to fix the de-aggroing bug(?).  If that stays as-is, they're really not that big a deal imho.

I think there are plenty of evergreens and other trees (the funky trees) in the world not to even bother chopping down Birchnut trees, ever. Unless they add some sort of really incredible recipe (food or anything else) that requires birchnuts, I don't see myself facing the birchnut tree guards or whatever they are called anytime in the future.

Archived