@Klei it would be awesome if I could make spiders come out during the day w/out making them aggressive as Webber

I think friending spiders is his strongest perk, but the only way you can friend spiders is at night time and during the day the only way to get them out is by making them aggressive which seems wrong in a way.

I'm not sure how you could do it, but I would love for this to happen (also starting w/ a spider egg/nest as well as the monster meat would be awesome too ;])  I think the simplest way to do this is let them come out of their den when y walk in their web for a short moment.

- long time fan, long time waiter for webber

Wait, if you step on the silk around a nest they get angry?

No, if you step on their web they don't come out.  You have to attack (and attacking their nest makes them aggressive against you) or get a friendly mob to step on the web to get them out during the day which is more work than it should be.

I was going to post this is suggestions, but I think that would be useful to be able to use some meat item in the nests to bring out some befriend spiders as Webber, or make them react to Webber as is it were a beefale, since some spiders come out but wont attack

No, if you step on their web they don't come out.  You have to attack (and attacking their nest makes them aggressive against you) or get a friendly mob to step on the web to get them out during the day which is more work than it should be.

I think it should stay like this, to make Webber less powerful. Also, pigs don't come out during dusk/night, so why would spiders come out during the day?

I think it should stay like this, to make Webber less powerful. Also, pigs don't come out during dusk/night, so why would spiders come out during the day?

You should be heading back to one of your camps at dusk, and be near a source of light during the night. Webber still loses sanity during dusk + night, has no night vision, and is attackable by the Grue. Pigs are more useful than spiders, too ; they can cut wood, and seem to be stronger in combat.

I posted that idea before on another post, but I think that when playing as webber and if you step on the spider's web, at NIGHT only, all of the spiders should come out and investigate you for a second, allowing you to give meat to them to befriend them. That would allow you to befriend spiders without taking dammage but you'd need a light source (night) and you'd be able to befriend yellow spiders easier.

There's no reason to make him less powerful. He's already a relatively weak character, stat wise. He only has 100 sanity, which is the lowest of all characters, excluding pre-upgrade Wx78 and He can't befriend pigs (or, I would assume, bunnymen).

If anything, he needs another ability to make him slightly MORE powerful.

There's no reason to make him less powerful. He's already a relatively weak character, stat wise. He only has 100 sanity, which is the lowest of all characters, excluding pre-upgrade Wx78 and He can't befriend pigs (or, I would assume, bunnymen).

If anything, he needs another ability to make him slightly MORE powerful.

For how long do spiders follow you?

No idea. I haven't used his ability because it's so impractical to go out and get followers at night.

They follow you endlessly, they never stop. Also, you can modify the code to make it so stepping on the web makes spiders come out (they wont attack you) but it will make webber be slowed by the web.

They follow you endlessly, they never stop. Also, you can modify the code to make it so stepping on the web makes spiders come out (they wont attack you) but it will make webber be slowed by the web.

Modifying the code isn't a good solution for balancing gameplay.

Yes, you are right, and webber will likely be tweaked in the future. You can do this if you are impatient or something.

I'm perfectly fine with waiting. Just, as he is, he seems a little weak to me.

I'm perfectly fine with waiting. Just, as he is, he seems a little weak to me.

Klei has recently said the new webber tweaks, you can see the tweaks here: They also said the spiders not coming out in the day is intended.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/33976-webber-suggestions-and-balance/ Go down the page a bunch, second last post on the first page.

Archived