Simple as the topic title implies: doors.

You could have a sort of gate-like door that takes up a certain amount of space when being placed when you're in the way, and then to open and close it, you just use the gathering animation (or a new one if Klei has time), and the door swings in the direction you aren't standing. Would help a lot with herding animals and making your house more animal proof. This way walls would be much more worthwhile as a defense instead of a frail inhibitor.

There could be a type for each type of wall, so it looks like two walls of the same type with a door in between:

\

\

\  

_____         (swing) ->  \     _____

|          |                          \   |          |

|          |  --------------------- |           |

|_____|                           /  |_____|

/

(swing)  ->     /

/

/

Doors would be lovely. I don't like having to hammer my way into my (non-functional) MacTusk farm.

Ever tried farming them with Treeguards? It's hilarious.

Edit: although Rocklobsters survive better and are easier to get.

Ever tried farming them with Treeguards? It's hilarious.

Edit: although Rocklobsters survive better and are easier to get.

Nah, rock lobsters cluster up the map and slaughter my beefalo population, and treeguards are too sporadic. I'd rather just manage to make the pig house trap work next time.

In all honesty, I think doors would be ill-fitting due to the height of walls, lack of a roof and all that jazz. It'd just look wrong.

Gates, however, using the same mechanic could serve the exact same purpose, and at the same time would have a greater aesthetic appeal.  :cool2: 
They'd be impassable by mobs (and the player, without opening it) and would fit against walls better. :3

Nah, rock lobsters cluster up the map and slaughter my beefalo population, and treeguards are too sporadic. I'd rather just manage to make the pig house trap work next time.

Lol, I totally posted on the wrong thread.

Archived