Can you make more than onr Houndius shootius?

It seems to me that you can't because there is only one Ancient guardian and if you kill him you can only craft one houndius shootius. How could you craft more than one without cheating? It doesn't make sense to me!

There's multiple caves in a world. So that means more Ancient Guardians.

Edit: I think you can make up to 5 Houndius Shootius or something. Once you make them all, I guess you could spawn an Ancient Guardian and fight it.

Oh, before it was that there is one cave and there are multiple sinkholes for one cave (I was wondering why my old cave exploration did not show up in the map when I entered another sinkhole! Since when has this been going, I wonder...)

Oh, before it was that there is one cave and there are multiple sinkholes for one cave (I was wondering why my old cave exploration did not show up in the map when I entered another sinkhole! Since when has this been going, I wonder...)

since forever, as far as I know.

Um, that was never the case. There has always been separate caves and separate ruins.

Um, that was never the case. There has always been separate caves and separate ruins.

Well, I feel stupid. At least you guys gave me a reason not to eat one of the two Deerclops eyeballs I have. Thanks :D

guys, do you know where i can find an eyebone?

Follow the road, you will find it eventually.

There's multiple caves in a world. So that means more Ancient Guardians.

Edit: I think you can make up to 5 Houndius Shootius or something. Once you make them all, I guess you could spawn an Ancient Guardian and fight it.

If he was some super-duper ten zilion hp one-hit-killing mega boss I guess you could, but such an easy boss... it's really cheating, like really, you are not getting only horn, which is SUPPOSED TO BE RARE, AND YOU HAVE TO GO TO DANGEROUS PLACE TO GET IT, AND YOU NEED TO GET THROUGH LABIRYNT WITH SANITY MONSTERS AND DANGLING DEPTH DVELERS AND NOT DIE, but also you get meat for meaty stews that can make you last eight days without starving.

Well, I feel stupid. At least you guys gave me a reason not to eat one of the two Deerclops eyeballs I have. Thanks :grin:

I'm stupid with you. I always thought that where the light shines through the ceiling is where a sinkhole was. At least we are dumb together... :frown:

I'm stupid with you. I always thought that where the light shines through the ceiling is where a sinkhole was. At least we are dumb together... :frown:

Lol! Don't feel sad but I knew THAT. Still, things to learn, stuff to discover. I haven't yet explored much of the second level of Caves thought.

I take it then that the Ancient Guardian never re-spawns in that same Labyrinth once you have killed him? 

Exactly. They don't respawn. Basically, we are limited by the number of caves in our world. I think some people said there could be up to 4, but I don't remember seeing a world with more than 3 (which doesn't mean it can't happen). So far I gathered 2 ancient guardians horns out of 3 possible (there are 3 caves in my world). I have found the ruins entrance in the last cave, it is just a matter of time before I go there and pick the last one up. However, in 400+ days, I haven't seen a single Deerclops =\

Exactly. They don't respawn. Basically, we are limited by the number of caves in our world. I think some people said there could be up to 4, but I don't remember seeing a world with more than 3 (which doesn't mean it can't happen). So far I gathered 2 ancient guardians horns out of 3 possible (there are 3 caves in my world). I have found the ruins entrance in the last cave, it is just a matter of time before I go there and pick the last one up. However, in 400+ days, I haven't seen a single Deerclops =\

The only time I saw a Deerclops was in the Adventure Mode world where I think he has a high chance of spawning, and I've played this game for over a hundred hours. I guess some people are (un)luckier then others? On the flip side, it seems like every fifth tree I cut down spawns a Treeguard, whilst other people needed a whole new type of tree just to get living logs. 

However, in 400+ days, I haven't seen a single Deerclops =\

The only time I saw a Deerclops was in the Adventure Mode world where I think he has a high chance of spawning, and I've played this game for over a hundred hours. I guess some people are (un)luckier then others? On the flip side, it seems like every fifth tree I cut down spawns a Treeguard, whilst other people needed a whole new type of tree just to get living logs. 

Randomness I think. I had a world with no deerclops until day 500 until my current world, where I've had two so far in only 200 days.

They roam the entire world in winter, so if you get good winter gear and travel a lot you might up your chances. The second deerclops in my current world I just ran into while exploring - never even got the "that sounded big" text/sound warning. I was just walking around a few screens away from my base when I noticed a whole penguin flock had been killed, then the screen started to shake, and there he was. Unfortunately, BOTH times his drops burned up. He aggroed to some bats right after I used my gunpowder on him and they hit him while he was burning. I'm dropping my stack down to 8, and might even go to 7 next time just to be sure. Stupid bats.

In fact, this is why I asked about the Guardian respawns. I've had such bad luck with random mobs lately I'm worried about how much health he might have if a rock lobster or spider or something aggros to him. I think I might go down to 10 or 11 gunpowder just in case. I have plenty of blow darts and ice wands.

Randomness I think. I had a world with no deerclops until day 500 until my current world, where I've had two so far in only 200 days.

They roam the entire world in winter, so if you get good winter gear and travel a lot you might up your chances. The second deerclops in my current world I just ran into while exploring - never even got the "that sounded big" text/sound warning. I was just walking around a few screens away from my base when I noticed a whole penguin flock had been killed, then the screen started to shake, and there he was. Unfortunately, BOTH times his drops burned up. He aggroed to some bats right after I used my gunpowder on him and they hit him while he was burning. I'm dropping my stack down to 8, and might even go to 7 next time just to be sure. Stupid bats.

In fact, this is why I asked about the Guardian respawns. I've had such bad luck with random mobs lately I'm worried about how much health he might have if a rock lobster or spider or something aggros to him. I think I might go down to 10 or 11 gunpowder just in case. I have plenty of blow darts and ice wands.

Freeze him, plant 6 bee mines, then make him step on them. It works wonders.

Archived