No Easy Seasons

Right now, you have to deal with wetness(Spring), heat (Summer), and cold(Winter) with Autumn being the only season being a calm before the storm. Any way, just as the title says, You should have deal with a challenge for every season with the first and last two days of each season being the calm before the next storm.

For example, Autumn should have more stuff that can cause you to lose your sanity quickly. However, each season should also have trade offs with challenges and benefits. Spring and Summer should make growing crops easier however, Animals will have less drops and the opposite being true for Autumn and Winter. Other challenges and benefits should include things like spring being the only season to get honey and hounds spawning more frequently or being stronger in the desert Biome during summer.

My guess is that they have some really aggressive seasonal mob in the works for Autumn.

I haven't played Spring as of the new patch but I hope it didn't get nerfed too badly. I never found the wetness to be unfairly difficult. I kinda enjoyed managing my clothes very carefully

I think the wetness is pretty similar to before.  I haven't gotten to the point of anything being soaked yet though, but I'd assume the whole wet items things is easier now.   And it's a lot easier to get the rain hat now (especially since hammer no longer requires science machine), so that will help make spring *seem* easier even if the wetness rate hasn't changed.     The pretty parasol now spoils and only lasts about 3 days, so that is a definite nerf on that thing. 

I wouldn't start agitating for autumn to be harder until we see all the mobs and giants in play.  You might NEED a break once you've got four seasons worth of giants.

I wouldn't start agitating for autumn to be harder until we see all the mobs and giants in play.  You might NEED a break once you've got four seasons worth of giants.

Going to agree with brummbar here. Also, having one season staying completely normal will give people a chance to do some much needed cave exploration without having to full your inventory with a bunch of clothes for weather.

Though I may look like I'm arguing for not wanting a break for every season, I also stated that while somethings should get more difficult in certain seasons, some thing should also get easier in certain season like monster drops for example. as for cave exploration this should be done. http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/32212-keeping-weather-and-caves-seperated/

Archived