Acorns and moles are a little too good.

I set up my camp in the new biome and these acorns heal too much too easily.

Moles seems to be an alternative to rabbits but more guaranteed catch.

Tumble weeds are too common for how much they give.

Bird don't eat stale monster meat, can't remember if they even did or this is intentional.

I set up my camp in the new biome and these acorns heal too much too easily.

Moles seems to be an alternative to rabbits but more guaranteed catch.

Bird don't eat stale monster meat, can't remember if they even did or this is intentional.

Winter will take care of your acorns and deciduous trees. I am holding off on the mole killing in case there is something to learn about them. I don't know about you guys, but I am going to make a tumble weed piano.

I think the tradeoff on moles is that you can easily get one right now.  But you cannot trap them.  Rabbits, you can set up traps, which catch the rabbits without you having to sit there and kill them.  In the original game you could set up like 5 traps around one hole and they'd all have a rabbit eventually.  Haven't tested this in RoG but I know I've seen a new rabbit by a hole that already has a trapped rabbit by it.  Personally I prefer the rabbit way as it's less micromanagy to me, so for me moles are a downgrade.

Acorns are only slightly better than berries. They are not even a good food to rely on, as during winter Deciduous Trees don't drop acorns at all.

Yeah but going into Winter I had over 50 acorns stored away plus more in my inventory. I was never short on food. They are far too easy to obtain and offer great stat boosting effects. Best way is to reduce its effects to less than a berry.

Yeah but going into Winter I had over 50 acorns stored away plus more in my inventory. I was never short on food. They are far too easy to obtain and offer great stat boosting effects. Best way is to reduce its effects to less than a berry.

at the moment there is no consequence of farming so many acorns, however there will be once the threat portion is introduced. This threat is like tree guards for the pines. Also i've seen in a couple places that acorns will attract dragonflies / The Dragonfly. 

the loot drops have been reduced quite a bit since the actual release date. now "mostly" they drop only sticks/grass. "Mostly" because i haven't spent a significant time farming them so I don't know a good percentage, but i'd guess about ..idk... 1/5 something different will come of it? maybe 1/3 something different, 1/7 a blueprint (something of quality).

And with the moles, you can just keep digging up the burrows for minerals.  Dig up burrow, get minerals, mole digs new burrow, dig up burrow, get minerals, mole digs new burrow, and so on and so forth.

Are you sure that's how it works? I'm under the impression that they only get items that are scattered about on the floor. so if they're near your base and they have new items its because they just stole that from you.

Or if you encounter them in the rest of the world, you will notice a lack of rock minerals near their vicinity

Are you sure that's how it works? I'm under the impression that they only get items that are scattered about on the floor. so if they're near your base and they have new items its because they just stole that from you.

Or if you encounter them in the rest of the world, you will notice a lack of rock minerals near their vicinity

Yep, when you dig up a burrow you will get 2 minerals (rocks, nitre, or gold) as well as any items they stole.  The moment they dig their new burrow, it will have those 2 minerals.

So a mole is an inverse rabbit - the mole holes are renewable if you leave the mole intact...

The moles themselves will respawn as well, but the burrows renew faster.  As soon as you dig one up the mole will head off to dig himself a new one.

This kind of begs the question, do rabbits dig new burrows if you dig up their current one? but leave the rabbit alive?

I think the rabbit becomes a homeless bum who will perish on the horns of a horny beefalo.

The moles themselves will respawn as well, but the burrows renew faster.  As soon as you dig one up the mole will head off to dig himself a new one.

True.  But in some ways, they are more valuable for the minerals you get from their burrows than for their meat, assuming you have a steady supply of food.  I'm curious to see where the devs go with them.

Archived