Straw hat needs to block heat

Agreed. The Ice Cube and Chilled Amulet are a bit pricey (Ice Cube especially is hard, as you're limited on how many you can make and when.), so we could use a low-tier item to fight against heat. Straw Hat should be the Rabbit Earmuff equivalent of Summer. Problem is though it may be a bit too easy to craft, and increasing the cost of the recipe would make items like the Mining Hat annoying to make.

Either way, we need more clothing options to fight the heat wave, just 2 items is very limiting.

Yeah, I was hoping it would block the heat, but could see no difference in my tests.  It really should provide at least a bit of insulation.

Might as well do it considering one of Woodie's lines refers to it keeping the sun off his head. Would be a bit misleading if it didn't.

I would absolutely love to see the strawhat gets little wet (I thought this was the case but I'm not sure anymore) and little heat reduction. Not much but since it is the base hat for a couple of other hats and an easy to craft item I think it should get at least some effect.

I would absolutely love to see the strawhat gets little wet (I thought this was the case but I'm not sure anymore) and little heat reduction. Not much but since it is the base hat for a couple of other hats and an easy to craft item I think it should get at least some effect.

It does have water resistance.  It's 20%, the lowest water resistance an item can have (well, other than 0%).  Several other hats also have a 20% water resistance as well.

Archived