Don't Starve Collectables and NEW Ninja Vinyl at the new Klei Store!

JoeW

First time posting on the forums..so I thought I'd start by sharing with the community that I just received my 8 boxes of figurines. In order of opening I received Wendy, Wilson, Wendy, Wolfgang, Chester, Wes, WX-78, Spider. (Yes, I got two of Wendy, and will be looking to trade her out). I also received these items (in no particular order): Fire Staff & Umbrella, Ice Staff & Lantern, Chester's Eyebone &  Pitchfork, Ice Staff & Spear, Rabbit & Crow, Hammer & Dark Sword, Shovel & Dark Sword, Lantern & Pitchfork. I left these small items in the little bags they were shipped in until I get done trading. Cheers.

don_tstarve.jpg

dontstarveitems.jpg

Just ordered a single blind box today, from wherever Klei is, to Toronto. Does anyone know how long it might take?

I assumed it would be maybe a week and a half or so, but some people online have said it could take a week, two weeks, or 3-5 weeks T-T Edit: Not specific to toronto

Any sort of reply would be appreciated, even telling me how long it took to ship to other places would give me a good idea of when mine may arrive.

Thanks!

Just ordered a single blind box today, from wherever Klei is, to Toronto. Does anyone know how long it might take?

I assumed it would be maybe a week and a half or so, but some people online have said it could take a week, two weeks, or 3-5 weeks T-T Edit: Not specific to toronto

Any sort of reply would be appreciated, even telling me how long it took to ship to other places would give me a good idea of when mine may arrive.

Thanks!

Mine say they shipped on Friday from New York and I got them on Tuesday. I live right outside DC, so only about 4 hours from New York.

Chester Founder. Just to have Chester

Oooh, which ones did you get?

Wilson, Wendy, and a spider. I made a long post about it a few posts back.;

As awesome as these are... I can't help but worry that if I were to drop the astronomical amount of cash they cost and not get the one(s) I want, I'd be pretty upset. 

Will you be offering specific ones on their own at some point? 

They've said on their Twitter they wouldn't, that if they did that, the cost would greatly increase and they'd have to offer less of a variety of figures. 

I just got some: 2 Chesters! 2Wesses, Wickerbottom, Woodie, Willow, and a Spider. Look Out they are hard to stand up (except for chester and the rabbit. Woodie is top heavy and does not stand up at all. Im dissapointed in that design Flaw and not getting Wilson. It is Hard for most of the other figures to be displayed without them toppling over. It seems like an afterthought. Like The PS$ Webbrowser.

It was the best way that we could keep the prices as low as possible. Blind boxes allow us to sell consistently without fear of stock lowering or not lowering on some characters.

For example, if nobody wants to purchase a character, or multiple characters, for whatever reason; we don't recoup that money for additional orders.

It also makes packaging and distribution simpler and generally lowers cost for us across the board, therefore lowering the cost for you. It is really important to us that we have a really high quality product while keeping the price reasonable.

Basically, it makes it more similar to us selling 1 product instead of 12 or more.

I can get that argument, but then if the randomness is for stock management and not forcing us to buy doubles then why not on top of the 1,3 8 random packs make a 12 pack with the guaranty that all character are present and different and instead sell a 16 pack were in best case scenario we have 4 doubles.

There would be no character running low or stocking up since they would be all sold together and at worse if this pack doesn't sell the boxes could always be sold independantly as random.

As a big fan of the game, I'm considering taking the 8 pack, hoping for not too many doubles, but I would have definetly be ready to put more money for a 12 pack with no doubles.

At least I hope that enough will ship so that the market will become fluid enough to find specific figurines on ebay or else.

I just got some: 2 Chesters! 2Wesses, Wickerbottom, Woodie, Willow, and a Spider. Look Out they are hard to stand up (except for chester and the rabbit. Woodie is top heavy and does not stand up at all. Im dissapointed in that design Flaw and not getting Wilson. It is Hard for most of the other figures to be displayed without them toppling over. It seems like an afterthought. Like The PS$ Webbrowser.

If I get a bad one I would LOVE to trade for Chester. They still haven't arrived so I'm not sure yet though.

Wilson, Wendy, and a spider. I made a long post about it a few posts back.;

They've said on their Twitter they wouldn't, that if they did that, the cost would greatly increase and they'd have to offer less of a variety of figures. 

I know they say that... But I just can't help but feel like they're lying, it might just be because I'm extremely pessimistic. 

But the 'blind boxes' just seem like a way to get people to buy more. 

I would definitely be willing to spend 20 dollars on one figurine that I really like, rather than 13 dollars for a figurine that I might not even want. I'm sure once they start popping up on eBay, that's what people will be selling them for anyways, and this company will have lost out on money because they "can't" offer specifics. 

Anyways. I'm rambling. The figurines are amazing, but the blind box idea makes me hesitant to buy one for fear of getting a lemon. 

Today I picked my full box of 12 figurines from customs. Had to pay import taxes, so that including shipping to europe and everything a figurine costed me about 24$. The figurines are beautifully crafted and absolutely lovely. But I am a bit disappointed that I did not get one of each within the full pack.

I recived

3x Wendy

3x Wolfgang

2x WX-78

2x Pigman

1x Chester

1x Wilson (yay!)

1x Wes

1x Spider

1x Maxell (the Mystery)

1x Willow

So I am missing Wickerbottom and Woodie. And I am missing the camp fire, which is a special add-on. But overall I´m happy. I would be happy to trade my doubles within europe - i guess us shipping time and costs would be too much.

I´d like to build my don´t starve shrine in the next days, but it would need some decoration to make it look nice. Question: Has anyone come across print-out templates with the background for pig-houses, trees, buffalos and such?

Any hint on this would be much apprechiated.

The print out papercrafts were mentioned in one of the Kickstarter updates. Klei said they will be making them available to backers, including one of a Beefalo, but no indication if they'll be publicly available, which is a little disappointing. Still waiting for the three I ordered on Friday to ship. I kind of forgot I'm going on vacation next week and will be out of the state for a week, so I have a hunch I won't get them before I leave. :(

Just wanted to chime in as another fan who would buy figures at say $15 USD per pop if I could simply select the ones I want. All I really want is Wilson and Chester!

I would assume those might be the two most popular figures. Perhaps you could do them as one-offs available for individual purchase, and blind boxes for the rest?

Just wanted to chime in as another fan who would buy figures at say $15 USD per pop if I could simply select the ones I want. All I really want is Wilson and Chester!

I would assume those might be the two most popular figures. Perhaps you could do them as one-offs available for individual purchase, and blind boxes for the rest?

Alas, we're not able to sell individual unboxed characters at this time. However if the Blind box figures prove successful, we might produce exclusive variants at a special price. 

If you would like keep up to date with news about products at our store, sign up for the newsletter here: http://bit.ly/1gPzPph

OK one more question /request - how about getting the plush Chester from the Kickstarter added to the store? :-)

We have to fulfill the orders for the kickstarter and make sure that all gets taken care of first; but after that, that's where you will find them.

Archived